No announcement yet.

Pig in the ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too, buy my hogs already scraped. There's a little trick to it. If you don't get the water just right, I think it'll cause the skin to blister, if too hot. And if it's too cool, the hair won't let go. If anyone is interested and no one on here can add comments on it, I can get with the guy that I buy mine from and take pic's of him scraping a pig.

Comment

Comment

Questions:

1) What kind/size of container is used to scald the hog for scraping for those who want to do a wild hog?

2) If you use a torch to burn off the hair, does it smell scorched like....burnt hair?

Comment

The guy that I buy my hogs from, uses a 55 gal. drum, about half full of water, with a big propane burner under it.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
            I have more pics give me a little bit. I can give ruff dimensions also. Please dont get lacajachina, note the word CHINA it is cheaply made. If you want to order one look at Al Simons cajun microwaves. If you want something nice for the patio or fo show this is the way to go. If you want something for the camp you can build your own pretty easy.
            X2 I am saving up for a AL Simons too

Comment

Working...
            X