box blind question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

box blind question

I am going to build a 6x6 box blind and wanted to make it about 4 feet off the ground. My question is how much should I spread the legs at the base to make is as stable as reasonable. How do you determine the angle to make the platform so the legs are at the proper “spread” for the desired stability? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

6'X6' Only 4" off the ground would be pretty stable with the legs straight up and down as long as the legs were X braced properly. Won't take more than about 10 degrees to stable it up plenty!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      6'X6' Only 4" off the ground would be pretty stable with the legs straight up and down as long as the legs were X braced properly. Won't take more than about 10 degrees to stable it up plenty!
      X2 straight up and down with x-braces should super sturdy.

Comment

We put ours up on 8' legs, straight up-n-down, and wired each corner to a t-post. Most of them rode out the hurricane OK.

Comment

I had one up on 10 foot legs with x braces

Comment

At that ht. straight shouldn,t be a problem. 10-12 ft legs we set at 15 deg. and x brace them as well.

Comment

we are going to build the blinds to bow hunt out of, what are yalls recomendations on windows? whould we do 3 windows like 18" wide by 3' long or would you go with one window long ways, and what would the deminsions be? if we do the three windows how high off the floor would they need to be?

Comment

elevators?

Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                  elevators?

ditto

Comment

she's got legs

make 'em vertical w/ braces

Comment

Working...
                    X