Need Fabrication Advice Joey, Dale Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I would turn the front one sideways. 3' hangin off the back would take away all your tongue weight and they don't pull well at all that way. I would put the front "track" right on top of the front rail of the trailer, and build the other one where it hung on the side rails, and put something structural under it to span across the trailer. That way you can remove it for hauling other stuff, and still store stuff underneath it.

If you hack into the side rail to put a ramp on like in Joey's picture you DO need to stiffen the frame, those rails provide quite a bit of rigidity.

But like I said, I'd put it on top!
    I agree. This trailer will get squirrely if you add that much weight without the axles being moved back.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Will be starting the project soon. I will try and post pics as it goes.

Comment

I've seen these in person. They're pretty cool. Check the website. They have a lot of models. they have them to fit anything.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckAssassin View Post
          I've seen these in person. They're pretty cool. Check the website. They have a lot of models. they have them to fit anything.

http://www.tailgatorcarrier.com/Video.aspx
          With that in mind, Dale and Joey, do you think it's possible to build a rack, that goes in a reciever, strong enough to carry an ATV (500cc 4 wheeler), sideways behind the truck?

Comment

Texastaxi,
            I have seen one built like that before. It had 2x2 solid square to fit in the receiver hitch, and the sides were also attached to bed stake pockets to keep from canting to either side. The rack was really heavy and when loaded made the 3/4 ton truck squat. I would say it is very possible, but personally I would not try it with a very large ATV. That's a lot of leverage hanging out there. Also have to consider TxDot regulations on visibility of liscence plate and tail lights.

Comment

It's possible, but I wouldn't want to drive it very far.

Comment

i have the same problem, i 'm going with the front atv sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  With that in mind, Dale and Joey, do you think it's possible to build a rack, that goes in a reciever, strong enough to carry an ATV (500cc 4 wheeler), sideways behind the truck?
                  I wouldnt do it.
                  Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

these guys have one. https://www.prolineracks.com/VersaHa...-carriers.html supposedly up to 700#

Comment

Working...
                    X