Why do you shoot custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you shoot custom?

I thought this was a good question. I started building custom guns around 2012. First was a accurate ordnance 6.5 creedmoor. I started building and shooting custom because I demanded the up most accuracy and I honestly beat the S#%T out of my guns. My guns are tools and they’re run hard. So I don’t wanna worry if I’m gunna break something or if POI has changed. I like to plug and play as we say. So why do you shoot custom guns?

I shoot semi custom I do have a few custom. Most rifles are factory modified rifles and hand loads that are very accurate.

I short these rifles because I’m an accuracy nut on a beer budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I’m just not a good enough shot to want custom. I have a 300 wm in remington 700 SP that I shoot right at a 1 inch group with. I just can’t see spending more on a hunting gun to do better than that. Only thing I have done is a timmey trigger and badger base and rings. The rest is off the shelf factory shooting 180gr Remington green and yellow box ammo.

Comment

Because accurate guns are interesting !

Comment

Pretty much exactly what you described. I demand accuracy, and I treat my gear like a red headed stepchild. I don’t by anything to be a beauty queen. I spend good money on it cause I need it to perform and hold up to whatever I throw at it.

Comment

I want insanely accurate rifle that is completely unique in its own way

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
              I still have not shot that 7mmSTW.

Comment

Whaaaaat ? ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                  Wrong. "Only accurate guns are interesting."

I like to aim small and . . . not miss small. On a serious note, there is a great deal of confidence in knowing that when you pull the trigger and the smoke clears there will be a dead animal laying where you fired. I don't have any Elizabeth Warren blood in me and am not a great tracker.

Comment

Ha you are correct on my quote good eye ! ^^^^^^

Comment

To me it's the total package of the rifle built to fit me and exactly as I want it. I tend to shoot at semi long ranges to very long ranges so accuracy is a must, I also have a trigger fetish it must break like a glass rod at 1 to 1.5 lbs and depending on the gun maybe less than that. As others have said I don't have any safe queens my rifles work for me and I am a tough person to work for.

Comment

For sure. I’ve had my 22 cm pitched out the Polaris during a contest. Picked it up. Brushed it off. Next coyote stepped in front dead. I hardly even clean my guns

Comment

I just don't see tieing up that much money in a gun. maybe if I was a military sniper I would. but what I buy off the shelf kills anything I need it to. for me it is not worth it

Comment

I had one semi Savage custom rifle then sold it to buy a full custom 6.5 SAUM. Since I was little I always wanted the coolest most accurate rifle. Took me years but I finally got it. I just need one custom rifle, (I can’t afford anymore).

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                              For sure. I’ve had my 22 cm pitched out the Polaris during a contest. Picked it up. Brushed it off. Next coyote stepped in front dead. I hardly even clean my guns
                              Dang, I hope you’ve cleaned some of them....

Comment

Working...
                              X