No announcement yet.

2019 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take out my Redhawk .44 mag every season to try and whack a couple pigs. Taking it this weekend

Comment

I carry either my Ruger NMBH in 45 colt or my Uberti same caliber. have taken deer, pigs and coyote with them. Tried on turkey, but no go yet.

Comment

Ill have the 4" 686 with my this year, Ive been shooting it out to 100 all summer. As soon as the kiddo kills his deer Ill be in the tripod on a trail and anything is fair game.

Comment

I’m taking the challenge, will be using my 686 6”
          Comfortable out to 50 yards right now

Comment

Can’t call it hunting, but I regularly dispatch hogs in my traps with my EDC Shield in .40 Short & Weak. I used to hunt quite a bit with a Contender in .375 Win, but haven’t in a while. Killed several does with it in Runnels Co. when I had that lease.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
              That's outstanding duckhunter175. Did you happen to snap a picture to post?
              They are handloads from custom reloads of Dallas-- really solid ammo, and he only loads small batches= zero defects.

I have some pics!! Trying to get them on here but getting my butt kicked.

Comment

Here they are!
                Attached Files

Comment

Wrong Thread

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                    Here they are!

Excellent, can’t beat that with a stick- congrats on a great pistol kill!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Heckuva handgun buck duckhunter! Congrats!!

Comment

Thanks fellas!! It was my first opening day here in Texas and it certainly did not disappoint!

Comment

Handgun Hunting

I picked up a used (looked like it had never been shot) S&W Performance Center 629 .44 mag earlier this year. Hope to draw blood with it this season! Shooting Hornady 240gr XTP. Put a Burris variable power scope on it, but its just not practical at the higher powers. I may swap it out to a straight 2x after this season once I get to use it a little more.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by kc5rkg; 11-07-2019, 04:41 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Nice looking rig, should get the job done!!

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                              I picked up a used (looked like it had never been shot) S&W Performance Center 629 .44 mag earlier this year. Hope to draw blood with it this season! Shooting Hornady 240gr XTP. Put a Burris variable power scope on it, but its just not practical at the higher powers. I may swap it out to a straight 2x after this season once I get to use it a little more.
                              Dange sweet looking rig!

Which Burris is it?

I have the 2x7 on my .308 pistol and have been wanting to upgrade to the 3x12 model.

I have a fixed 2x on my 44 mag and is suits it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                Can’t call it hunting, but I regularly dispatch hogs in my traps with my EDC Shield in .40 Short & Weak. I used to hunt quite a bit with a Contender in .375 Win, but haven’t in a while. Killed several does with it in Runnels Co. when I had that lease.
                                Ahh the ol .375 Win. I had the handgun fever back in the 80's and had a .375 Win. barrel rechambered to .375 JDJ. I had a hard time keeping a scope mount on her and had to go with #8-40 screws to prevent shearing the base screws. Those were the days, with this thread I might go into a safe and see if I can knock some dust off some of my hunting handguns.

Comment

Working...
                                X