Let’s see those 16” or short rifles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s see those 16” or short rifles!

I’m looking for ideas to build or buy a 18” or less rifle to suppress in 308. Looking for some ideas on them.

Looking at the Remington 700 AAC or the Bergara ridge SP.

Are there any other rifles out there I should be looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 16 inch build I will sell. It is a 1:12 twist so the heavy bullets come in at .75 moa. Shoots better with 150 class stuff. I have had it in the truck for a while. I will pull it out and take a few pictures if you are interested. Rem 700, Triggertech Special, pillars. I will bed it if you want for a few more pesos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I were going to build another I go with suppressed weapon systems out of Stafford, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        If I were going to build another I go with suppressed weapon systems out of Stafford, TX.
        I wish I had some trigger time on one. Integrally suppressed I would probably go 18". They look amazing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I built this 16.5” 308 for myself a little while back. Had an old 700 action laying around and a 1:10 rock creek that was collecting dust. I call it my Frankenstein since the only thing new on it was the barrel. It’ll shoot...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by kck; 10-27-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I have the 700 AAC and like it, and assume you want to suppress this?

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
              I have the 700 AAC and like it, and assume you want to suppress this?

Yes, is yours the 16.5” barrel?

Comment

I have several 308's. Here are a three I built for the handiness of a short rifle. Two based on a Rem actions and the other on a Salvage action.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                  I have several 308's. Here are a three I built for the handiness of a short rifle. Two based on a Rem actions and the other on a Salvage action.

I REALLY want to put a folder on mine. Dang thing will almost fit in your pocket.

Comment

I’ve had the AAC’s and they shot well, just heavy to drag around. I’m currently having a stainless Tikka T3 Lite 308 cut to 16” and threaded. It’ll be sitting in an MDT LSS Gen2 chassis and probably wear a Leupold VX-R 4-12x40 Firedot TMR I have that’s been sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                      Yes, is yours the 16.5” barrel?

Yes it the 16.5”. And after a 9” can it needs to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
                        Yes it the 16.5”. And after a 9” can it needs to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How’s it shoot? Have any groupings with it by chance?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Im about to pull the trigger on a Bergara SP in 6.5 or 308. Ive been wanting the 16' Remmy but by the time i replace the stock and trigger, might as well have bought the Bergara. I love my Remington 700's but feel the Bergara has a little more quality straight out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                              Im about to pull the trigger on a Bergara SP in 6.5 or 308. Ive been wanting the 16' Remmy but by the time i replace the stock and trigger, might as well have bought the Bergara. I love my Remington 700's but feel the Bergara has a little more quality straight out of the box.

Absolutely they are better! No doubt. Just that extra length of the Bergara makes a big difference in a 4x4 box blind when trying to go suppressor. I would rather have the Remington unfortunately. I have 3 bergaras and every single one shoots lights out!

Comment

Working...
                              X