No announcement yet.

143 eldx 6.5 not pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats more on the shot placement. The bullet do their part. If you need more damage use eld m

Comment

Following. I’ve just shot hogs and coyotes with the eld x and nothing has moved afterwards.
      The top picture is the deer she shot in the shoulder and it just pretty much blew up and didn’t penetrate? That’s pretty concerning. 6.5 creed isn’t a super high velocity round so I would think it’d penetrate better than that

Comment

I have nothing but good things to say about the Hornady BTHP despite reading otherwise on here. Significant exit hole and most go less then 40-50 yards.

Comment

I’ve used them since they first hit the market. I’ve killed oryx, elk, whitetail and pigs with them. I think it’s a good bullet on bigger animals but me and my buddy have seen similar results enough times that we’re both done with it. I’ve gone back to Sierra Gameking 140gr bullets with phenomenal results. Killed 10 animals between myself and my son last year with most DRT. Not to mention they’re way more economical to shoot.

Comment

Try the 140gr BTHP I’ve had great results with them from my .260 when I do take Lung shots the preform perfect even at 325yards.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
              I have nothing but good things to say about the Hornady BTHP despite reading otherwise on here. Significant exit hole and most go less then 40-50 yards.
              Same results I’ve had with them.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                I’ve used them since they first hit the market. I’ve killed oryx, elk, whitetail and pigs with them. I think it’s a good bullet on bigger animals but me and my buddy have seen similar results enough times that we’re both done with it. I’ve gone back to Sierra Gameking 140gr bullets with phenomenal results. Killed 10 animals between myself and my son last year with most DRT. Not to mention they’re way more economical to shoot.
                You didn't say what the problem was. Do you find them too tough or too frangible?

Comment

I've had good luck with these, HSM GameKing 140 Grain Sierra GameKing.

Nothing fancy but they have done the job on deer and pigs.

Comment

I guess as long as they are all dead.

Comment

143 eldx 6.5 not pleased

Personally (small sample size, but with the animals I have personally killed) I think the high end hunting bullets are just too tough for our thin skinned whitetails and they just don’t expand. The technology and weight retention in these bullets are great, but they zip right through a 100lb hill country whitetail. I’ve had better blood with basic soft points, core-lokts, federal fusion, etc. Also had good luck with S&B 140 gr soft points in 6.5 (about $13.50/box) on a couple hogs. Going to try it on deer this year as well.

Comment

I shoot the 143 eldx and have had good luck but no exit on only a couple shots but dropped in tracks. I also shoot the hornady black 140bthp cheaper and shoot the same group and point of impact as the eldx out of my guns. I’ve shot with the blacks- deer,hogs,red stag,axis,and blackbuck all with a exit.

Comment

That's crazy I've shot tons of animals and my kids have shot deer deer from 100-350yds and never had a blood trail that Ronnie milsap couldnt follow. I will say I shoot them because they are literally more accurate than most ammo out of my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                            Personally (small sample size, but with the animals I have personally killed) I think the high end hunting bullets are just too tough for our thin skinned whitetails and they just don’t expand. The technology and weight retention in these bullets are great, but they zip right through a 100lb hill country whitetail. I’ve had better blood with basic soft points, core-lokts, federal fusion, etc. Also had good luck with S&B 140 gr soft points in 6.5 (about $13.50/box) on a couple hogs. Going to try it on deer this year as well.
                            I would agree with this statement. Most Texas shots are at small whitetail and at distances well under 100 yards. This is not what the eldx, bergers, or accubond was designed for. Those are more geared towards longer range hunting with larger game animals than we typically have in Texas. Good shot placement is always key and can compensate for incorrect bullet selection but under 100 with small whitetail a soft point will hammer

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                              I tend to agree with you but the Fusion is a bonded bullet. And the eld-x is not particularly tough...it should work at close range.

Comment

Eldx just like the vldx
                                Look up what it stands for.. in my opinion you should use a different bullet for close shots
                                Those r long distance bullets

Comment

Working...
                                X