Frontier Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontier Ammo

Anyone shot this ammo? It’s made by Hornady as military grade spire point or hollow point ammo and relatively affordable on Midway

Ttt. Anyone ever used the 223 55 grain sp for hunting?

Comment

Tried the 75 BTHP out of my RRA Varmint.

Shot about 7/8”

Hornady Black 75 BTHP shot 1/2”

Velocity is a little less than the Black. But the price is right.

Comment

It works on hogs!
        Attached Files

Comment

I know they had some bad lots of the 5.56 M193 clone late last year/early this year that was blowing up some guns. I shot a few hundred rounds and had no issues. I've never heard anything negative about the other loads though.

Comment

I've been shooting the 75hp's out of my Palmetto AR. Haven't had much time to do bench work, but it put down the one pig we shot with it. One thing I will say about it, it has hard primers. The reduced trigger pull spring kit won't fire it.

Comment

.223 55g SP shoots great and work well on hogs

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else?

Comment

I use it all the time. works great on hogs while thermal hunting

Comment

As most of you know, Hornady is one of my sponsors so I get to shoot much of their new products shortly after production. I have shot the Frontier 55 gr. .223 Remington and it performed well in my bolt guns. My son Steve ran it through my Ruger AR 556 and shot groups about 1". Price is great and if you are looking for an ammo to plink or shoot hogs through an AR platform, this is it.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Working...
                    X