Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you have your lease to yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you have your lease to yourself?

And do you ever get suspicious that a bad apple is shooting more than their quota?

The past 6 bow seasons till this year and now three others have taken up bow hunting. One time I spent 7 days in a row at the lease and 5 of them were by my self. The high those 5 days was 29. I never opened the front gate. It was great!

Comment

Typically any Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I can get all 12,000 acres to myself. No I do not think we have any outlaws, we could, but I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty much every time I go. Opening weekend there where 5 of us out there and that's it. After the first weekend no one goes out to hunt.

Comment

Most of the time.

Comment

Almost every time expect opening weekend. 2700 acres with 9 members.

Comment

Glad i don't lease

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                Typically any Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I can get all 12,000 acres to myself. No I do not think we have any outlaws, we could, but I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Same here, except for the 12000 acs.

Comment

I get probably 1/3 - 1/2 the time at the lease by myself with 4 other lease members on 2k acres. We kicked all our bad apples off years ago and it's been smooth sailing ever since, I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt a smallish place with one other guy. I do a three day hunt by myself 2-3 times each season. As much as I enjoy the camaraderie of having a buddy around I also really enjoy the solitude of going solo. A few days without saying or hearing a spoken word is good for the soul IMO.

Comment

5 different places, 4 to myself, but one group lease, so i guess 90% of the time.
                      Call me greedy, but it seems to work better that way, less impact=more deer sightings.

Comment

It's more fun hunting with friends. At this point, 75% is about the camaraderie.

Comment

Too many cameras now days when I was young I would go a different direction everytime I left the house. 15,000 behind our place and no high fences back then.

Comment

I hunt alone most of the time now because I’m retired and go when conditions are right. I don’t mind having help when a deer is down but usually don’t get it.

Comment

I'm here all by my lonesome now, and nobody would dare on our place. Great deer, great lease manager, and a lot of respect for the property, the LO, and doing things the right way.

Comment

Working...
                              X