No announcement yet.

Why do you shoot custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I should custom, 6.5 prc with factory ammo. Looking forward to off season reloads!

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF3E808B-FD96-4C21-A18D-C391C33312BE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	24599452

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      No sir, I cant even spell CMC. I do use a DRO, it helps with cutting radiuses on actions and barrel channels. Lots of M700 clone actions out there.

Not in business it's just DIY stuff.
      I'm gonna spring for a DRO on my mill as it would definitely help. I do all my guns manually as well, just haven't cut inlets yet but thinking about giving it a go on some wood block to see how it comes out.

Comment

If you want one and can afford it, why not go custom? All my guns or non-custom and am trying to think of any failures - and can't. So I can't buy the increased reliability. 100% is 100%.

Now I can believe that you get a gun capable of tighter groups if you go custom. I mean you better, right, when you spend 5 or 10x as much?

If you want to know you're getting a gun that will shoot 1/2" groups @ 100 yards, I imagine custom would be the way to get it.

I am still amazed though with how often I read about a gun costing $2000 & up & somewhere in the article the words 'could use some trigger work' are included. WOW!

Comment

I'd like to have a custom gun, but my longest shots are 300-400 yards and I hit dead-on with my store bought guns and store bought ammo, so I just don't really care if I'd have been 1/4" tighter over 10 shots.

My go-to gun was my wedding present from my wife and it's a great off-the-shelf firearm, so I just don't see myself trading that one in. It'll kill anything in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            If accuracy is what you
            are after then just buy some low round count 90's model Remington Senderos and save your money.. Not a more accurate rifle made with a little tweaking.

I actually had three. They’re basically safe queens. Just sold the 25/06 to help fund a mark 5. Still have a 300 Wm and that’s old faithful. Took two axis with her a few weeks back.

Comment

I have yet to buy a custom, but have looked multiple times. I have a few factory cheaper rifles that shot 1/2" MOA with store bought ammo. So other than build quality they shoot great. Maybe a cheap stock and everything else lol, but they still shoot better than some customs. But, I have been putting together a custom gun slowly, cause like others said I can pick every aspect of the gun.

Comment

Because I’m an accuracy snob.

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                Because accurate guns are interesting !

Do you know who said that without looking it up???

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Because I’m an accuracy snob.

Do you know who said that without looking it up???

Sierracharlie out…

Whelen

Comment

Because I can finally afford one or two or...….

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                      I always was in the boat of not being able to justify the cost of a custom rifle due to my factory gun killing everything it shot at. However, I finally bit the built and had APR build me one about 3-4 years ago. I can honestly say I don’t believe I will ever buy another factory rifle. For me, it was about putting together exactly what I wanted... from color scheme, to fit, to cartridge, accuracy, etc.

This is exactly how I feel. I never thought I’d own a custom rifle but now that I had APR build my 6.5PRC and I’ve had it at the range with awesome results as well as a GREAT week of hunting.......I’ll never get another box rifle. It has completely changed my perception of rifle hunting and opened my options up for much longer distances than I thought I’d be able to achieve. It’s made me want to go spend time behind the rifle, not just for hunting but for the personal achievements shooting sub moa with true consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        If accuracy is what you are after then just buy some low round count 90's model Remington Senderos and save your money.. Not a more accurate rifle made with a little tweaking.
                        Not even close.....to being an "accurate" statement

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Whelen

I was curious if he knew but it doesn’t surprise me that you know haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                          X