Best Youth Competition Bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Youth Competition Bow?

My little brother (6YO) has shown a lot of interest in archery and has been out practicing every day with his little Walmart bow over the last couple of months.
    I am wanting to get him a real set up and wanted to see what you guys recommend?

At 6 he has a lot of growing to do, so I would look hard at something like a Mission Hammr or Switch. While those are not really "competition" bows, they should work well for him for several years and will work well for hunting, 3d, and be an ok indoor bow. I don't know if anyone even makes a straight target rig for smaller kids

Good luck

Comment

If your going to get him a set up for competition, check this website. A lot of schools now have archery programs. IF he wants to participate in any of these competitions, he has to use the genesis bow. I taught this class a few years ago, and it was pretty neat. The bow wouldn't be much good for hunting, but its not a bad bow for a beginner kid.

Comment

My oldest son shoots competition and has for a while. He's been around a lot of kids that do.

6 is pretty young and you don't want to over bow him. Just get a decent bow that is light... maybe a Diamond Atomic. If he keeps showing an interest you can do an upgrade after a couple of years.

At some point I would look more at getting someone to introduce him to a Resistance release if he really seems interested

Comment

Working...
        X