No announcement yet.

Broad Head Of Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have a issue buying broadheads.. at least that's what my wife says everytime she finds a new pack in the mail box... right now in my quiver I have rage trypan, rage hypo +p,and qad exodus.. I killed an elk with a magnus buzz cut this year..

I've always been against mechanical heads. Last year I shot an axis doe with a muzzy trocar hb and I wasn't impressed. That broadhead didn't stay open all the way through. Infact I shot her twice she had lungs hanging out and i still had to kill her with a knife.

The only reason I'm shooting the rage is because of the kill pics thread. The magnus killed the elk within 40 yards but there was zero blood.. in the area I hunt it's so thick you need a blood trail..

Comment

For everything but hogs Silver Flame Overkill 125 XL
      For hogs Magnus Stinger 2 blade 125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
        I seem to have a issue buying broadheads.. at least that's what my wife says everytime she finds a new pack in the mail box... right now in my quiver I have rage trypan, rage hypo +p,and qad exodus.. I killed an elk with a magnus buzz cut this year..

I've always been against mechanical heads. Last year I shot an axis doe with a muzzy trocar hb and I wasn't impressed. That broadhead didn't stay open all the way through. Infact I shot her twice she had lungs hanging out and i still had to kill her with a knife.

The only reason I'm shooting the rage is because of the kill pics thread. The magnus killed the elk within 40 yards but there was zero blood.. in the area I hunt it's so thick you need a blood trail..

Had the same thing happen with the muzzy hb. It sucked, but those trypans and hypo+p are great heads

Comment

Muzzy. Cheap and tough. Just replace the blades. You will burn through carbon arrows faster than the Muzzy blades screwed onto them.

Comment

Ram Cats Pivoting Broadheads. Haven't had any issues or lost an animal yet. I know eventually it may happen but for the time being why change whats working.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
              magnus stinger simply the most accurate fixed head I have ever shot and they out penetrate just about any other head ( every one that have shot),,, I do not ever have to worry about if the blades worked right, they always do,,, superb company to deal with too,,,, 2nd to that magnus black hornet,,, to me there is no close third

I do not shot a lot of mechanicals but if I do it is the grim reaper 1.5" cut,,,

I will not ever shoot a rage I have seen and heard of too many failing for different reasons,

All of which user error.

Rage Hypos for me this year as well. I've had one fail me once. 100% my fault. Other than that they've bailed me out of some marginal shots with insane blood trails. They all work if they are sharp. I want something that is going to leave big hole with a big blood trail for deer. When it comes to pigs they get the ole G5 Montec. I absolutely hate them, but they are great for hogs. I think when I finally loose my last few Montecs I'll get some Stingers for pigs and stuff.

Comment

For a mechanical I used a Carbon Express Torrid SS... loved them. Good blood trails, and cheap. I've found them for as low as 5$ for 3. Never failed me like my Reapers did.

I recently ordered a pack of 6 fixed blades from Amazon, that look much like the Muzzy or maybe the Wasp Drone. And a hog, and a deer have both been killed with them. They ran no more than 50 yards. Figured that wasn't too bad for 12.99 for 6 of them, and they came with a plastic case.

Comment

Swacker...2 blade...100 grain

Comment

When I can shoot my bow again I may try the new Grim Reaper hybrid head , if I can find them in
                    125 gn.

Had good luck in the past with the Rage 100 gn heads.

Started out with Muzzy 100 gn heads a long time ago & it’s still my go to broadhead of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Slick Trick Mags for everything
                      Magnus Buzzcuts for hogs only
                      VPA’s for COC

I have 1 SEVR 2.1 that I’m going to try out there year. Never really shot mechanicals, but I’ve seen some good results with a coworker who shoots them.

Comment

Slick trick or original grim reapers if im feeling mechanically inclined

Comment

Working...
                        X