No announcement yet.

Ginsburg is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for her family as she was one tough woman to deal with 3 types of cancer for that long![emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Ma'am! I didn't agree with your liberal views, but you always stood by them.

Comment

She was a fighter and a brilliant legal mind. Condolences to her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
          Nothing will happen before election day, McConnell is at risk of losing the Senate majority and that might push it over the edge. Now a lame duck Supreme Court is a distinct possibility.
          The new Senate is sworn in on Jan 3, 2021. The average number of days from nominee to senate confirmation is 67 days. Kavanaugh took 89 days.

They will have to nominate someone before the election in order to have a chance at confirming with the current senate simply due to timeline.

IMO this will help the GOP's chances in the senate election....not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            They are politicians, they are all hypocrites.

Trump has way more to lose by not pushing a nomination and senate vote. The liberals will never vote for him under any circumstances but a portion of his base sure will drop him like a potato if he doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            You think people in Trump’s base would abandon him at this late date because he holds off on a Supreme Court nomination? It doesn’t seem like he’s lost one person from his base in the last 4 years, and he’s said some crazy things. I think he could walk over to the Supreme Court tomorrow and machine gun down the remaining 8 of them and he might still win the election, definitely still win Texas. I think about 9/10 of the people in this forum would probably cheer him on.

Comment

She was a liberal with whom I disagreed on everything, but she was a basic American liberal, not a tear-it-all-down leftist like we see today. There is a big difference between a liberal and a leftist. She believed in the principals of the American founding she just held liberal views on what powers the federal government can and should have and liberal views on the relationship between the citizen and the state. I’m glad she is no longer a member of SCOTUS but I’m not going to dance on her grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                Well, he has until Jan 20. Why push the country even more by rushing it before the election?

Correction....they only have until Jan 3, 2021. The new Senate is sworn in then.
                They will have to bring nominate someone before the election or they won't have enough time to get it done.

Comment

There are 107 days until the Senate inaugural. The longest in recent history was Thomas with 99. Don't fret so much.

Comment

I heard that Amy Coney Barrett will get the nod...

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      There are 107 days until the Senate inaugural. The longest in recent history was Thomas with 99. Don't fret so much.
                      Also, when Thomas was selected, the Dems HAD the majority in the Senate, 57 to 43

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                        [ATTACH]1019794[/ATTACH]
                        I think this is kind of classless. Give your statement about RBG’s passing and leave it at that, the rest of the country can wait 24/48hrs to hear your plans to replace her ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          I think this is kind of classless. Give your statement about RBG’s passing and leave it at that, the rest of the country can wait 24/48hrs to hear your plans to replace her ASAP.

What do think of Schumer addressing the exact same thing in his comments? Classless?

Comment

Nah, McConnell did great. You and others like McCain and rommney try to play too nice. Dems are nasty

Comment

That’s for when you don’t have the Senate.
                              Exactly, it aint over till the fat girl sings

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                What do think of Schumer addressing the exact same thing in his comments? Classless?

Yes. (Pretty much everything Schumer does is classless) It can wait 24/48hrs. If the neighbor you hate dies, it’s ok to dance, just don’t do it in the street in front of his family as the ambulance is leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X