No announcement yet.

Ginsburg is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you posting this as fact or satire? RBG was nominated and confirmed in 1993, over 3 years prior to the 1996 election. How do you not know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      There ya go^^^^^

All that needs to be stated.
      Seriously guys. Take 5 seconds to look it up before showing your ignorance.

Comment

History Is on the Side of Republicans Filling a Supreme Court Vacancy in 2020

Choosing not to fill a vacancy would be a historically unprecedented act of unilateral disarmament.

Comment

Obuttlick NOMINATED Merrick Garland, there was just no vote on his nomination.

Research it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            The risk of going into the election with only 8 justices on the Supreme Court is too great. Trump could win every state, and the Dems are going to contest the results in court. The people who won't vote for Trump or an incumbent Republican Senator because they filled a vacant seat on the SC before an election are the same people who aren't going to vote for Trump or an incumbent Republican Senator anyway. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on the left, but who cares? Trump needs to make the nomination first thing Monday morning, and then the Senate Republicans need to get the nominee confirmed ASAP. The election is VERY important. But the results of that can be reversed in 2 and 4 years. The Supreme Court seat is a much longer term and more important deal, and it also has huge implications on this year's presidential election.

Fill the seat.
            Yes sir.......exactly what needs To happen.
            The risk is high

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              DM, I just got this. Heck, me and dosrobles got one for 1k for President. DM , we on. But, if it's okay with you, rather than sending me a check for $100, send it to Wounded Warriors. Deal?

Deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1019874[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                  Seriously guys. Take 5 seconds to look it up before showing your ignorance.
                  Trap!

Either way.... It is a tough one. But, I lean towards appointing now. Of course the media and democrats will use it as a weapon against Trump. What’s new?

If he doesn’t voters may consider it as a sign of weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Deal!

I vote Tunnel to Towers Org...

Comment

Our side said this last time and their side said that last time. Each side is saying the opposite this time - are you surprised ? what else is new? Amusing how everyone on both sides scrambles to come up with a “yeah, but this time its different!” argument. Truth is, this part of politics is a zero sum game. High-minded ethics go out the window and you marshal all your power and do/say whatever you have to do to crush your opponents. It was ever thus, and I’m fine with that. As a wise man once said, Politics ain’t beanbag...
                      Last edited by jerp; 09-19-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Our side said this last time and their side said that last time. Each side is saying the opposite this time - are you surprised ? what else is new? Amusing how everyone on both sides scrambles to come up with a “yeah, but this time its different!” argument. Truth is, this part of politics is a zero sum game. High-minded ethics go out the window and you marshal all your power and do/say whatever you have to do to crush your opponents. It was ever thus, and I’m fine with that. As a wise man once said, Politics ain’t beanbag...

Comment

RIP,prayers sent for the family.

----------------------------

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                            You think people in Trump’s base would abandon him at this late date because he holds off on a Supreme Court nomination? It doesn’t seem like he’s lost one person from his base in the last 4 years, and he’s said some crazy things. I think he could walk over to the Supreme Court tomorrow and machine gun down the remaining 8 of them and he might still win the election, definitely still win Texas. I think about 9/10 of the people in this forum would probably cheer him on.
                            Worst post on TBH, SMH.

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Amy Barrett will be SCJ by Christmas. Go Trump
                            Its starting to look like Christmas.
                            Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                            I was wrong. McConnell says it is a go.
                            This is what they were hired to do. After the Democrats impeachment charade they deserve this confirmation.

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Once again the media is being completely onesided.....they play all of the Republican comments from the Garland delay but none of the Democrat comments during that episode. Of course only the Republicans will be painted as hypocrites by the media and none of the Democrats comments will be on display.
                            Yep, campaign adds will be used to set the records straight. Democrats were screaming to push their appointments through before 2016 elections.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            The risk of going into the election with only 8 justices on the Supreme Court is too great. Trump could win every state, and the Dems are going to contest the results in court. The people who won't vote for Trump or an incumbent Republican Senator because they filled a vacant seat on the SC before an election are the same people who aren't going to vote for Trump or an incumbent Republican Senator anyway. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on the left, but who cares? Trump needs to make the nomination first thing Monday morning, and then the Senate Republicans need to get the nominee confirmed ASAP. The election is VERY important. But the results of that can be reversed in 2 and 4 years. The Supreme Court seat is a much longer term and more important deal, and it also has huge implications on this year's presidential election.

Fill the seat.
                            We have to fill this seat. Doesn't matter what the cost is. Filling this seat with a Conservative Justice is all that matters. TRUMP WILL FILL THE SEAT....!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Worst post on TBH, SMH.

Its starting to look like Christmas.
                              This is what they were hired to do. After the Democrats impeachment charade they deserve this confirmation.

Yep, campaign adds will be used to set the records straight. Democrats were screaming to push their appointments through before 2016 elections.

We have to fill this seat. Doesn't matter what the cost is. Filling this seat with a Conservative Justice is all that matters. TRUMP WILL FILL THE SEAT....!

[QUOTE=Thumper;15111620]RIP,prayers sent for the family.

Worst post on TBH, SMH.

Sadly.......not the worst post......unfortunately, probably the most honest.

Comment

[quote=JBizkit;15111797]
                                Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Worst post on TBH, SMH.

Sadly.......not the worst post......unfortunately, probably the most honest.

Seriously .... Take a deep breath, open your eyes, use your brain and stop spewing political propaganda. It's the democrats that are turning a blind eye to the fact that one of government's responsibilities is the security of "we the people".

Comment

Working...
                                X