Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    I would definitely risk it to save the US economy. Not to keep the spoiled way of life most are used to, but to keep it from crashing. Almost seems like a lot of yall dont know what its like to be poor for real. To be helpless in caring for yourself and family. Might be time for some to really thinking about the possible reality if we have a real depression.

That doesnt mean you do a staycation rather than vacation. That doesnt just mean you make your kid wear their Nikes for a full 6 mo before they get new ones. It could mean they are taping those Walmart shoes up to hold them together like I had to do as a kid. And pull their socks halfway down so they can fold the bottom under because the hole at the toes was so big the entire foot went through. Sharing underwear and bathwater because the waterheater uses so much electricity.

That could mean the electricity gets turned off and no A/C. No hot water. 20yo car you have to fix yourself.

Your kids crying because they are so tired of rice and beans. Why cant we just go to McDonalds! Forget the deer lease. No way those few deer are cost efficient. Just the fuel.to get there is worth more than the meat. Plus your car has been overheating and you dont know why and that one tire is in real bad shape.

Looks like some have ever had to live this and just dont understand how bad it can get. How bad it has been in the past. We are not immune. We are not special. We have been living in a dream world of plenty that is unprecedented. And we are so spoiled we cant even fathom that it can all go away so easily.

Great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I’m willing to go to work, and take care of my family the best I can, and take my chances....that’s what I’ve been doing.

This country was founded on doing the right thing for the greater good, or it was until the “men” of this country started raising “cats”, and they started voting for others.

I'm with you Dale! I'm still getting up and going to work every day, just like normal. As part of the Defense Industrial Base, our shop is still blowin and goin. Life goes on. I REFUSE to let fear take control.

Comment

Truth Mike.

Gary

Comment

I would definitely risk it to save the US economy. Not to keep the spoiled way of life most are used to, but to keep it from crashing. Almost seems like a lot of yall dont know what its like to be poor for real. To be helpless in caring for yourself and family. Might be time for some to really thinking about the possible reality if we have a real depression.

That doesnt mean you do a staycation rather than vacation. That doesnt just mean you make your kid wear their Nikes for a full 6 mo before they get new ones. It could mean they are taping those Walmart shoes up to hold them together like I had to do as a kid. And pull their socks halfway down so they can fold the bottom under because the hole at the toes was so big the entire foot went through. Sharing underwear and bathwater because the waterheater uses so much electricity.

That could mean the electricity gets turned off and no A/C. No hot water. 20yo car you have to fix yourself.

Your kids crying because they are so tired of rice and beans. Why cant we just go to McDonalds! Forget the deer lease. No way those few deer are cost efficient. Just the fuel.to get there is worth more than the meat. Plus your car has been overheating and you dont know why and that one tire is in real bad shape.

Looks like some have ever had to live this and just dont understand how bad it can get. How bad it has been in the past. We are not immune. We are not special. We have been living in a dream world of plenty that is unprecedented. And we are so spoiled we cant even fathom that it can all go away so easily.
          In this country we have it so good our poorest of the poor don’t even know what your talking about.

Comment

What happen to Trump saying we could do two things at once; fight the virus and open up the country and get back to work? That took a 180 degree turn in like two days!
            I don’t see the panic; I don’t see the doom and gloom. Maybe I am missing something?
            America was not made to run like this!
            We Americans for the most part are made to be self sufficient, prosperous, go getters that don’t rely on government to take care of us.
            What happen to the “ LETS ROLL” motto from 9/11? Now it “Lets Hide in Place” 2020.
            And all of this happen with a republican president!
            Dear Lord we need to get the economy going or there is not going to be anything left to get going again!
            Last edited by Killer; 04-04-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Great take, and I bet a few learn to save a penny or two also from this. That includes corporations that run heavy on debt and little capital.

It blows my mind that 70 percent of the US has less than 1000 dollars to their name. Even in a booming economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Great take, and I bet a few learn to save a penny or two also from this. That includes corporations that run heavy on debt and little capital.

It blows my mind that 70 percent of the US has less than 1000 dollars to their name. Even in a booming economy.

Even scarier how many major company’s and even federal government had to lay-off and had to be bailed out even before those 70% of people...in a booming economy

Comment

Think of all the elderly who will die because they can't afford anything after the economy crashes. Meds, food, utilities. They'll die in droves then because unlike my parents today's kids stick them in a home. You know, one they won't be able to afford.

Gary

Comment

I certainly appreciate what I have & I have seen first hand true poverty. Back in 2010 I went on a mission trip to Peru and we went to an area where people lived on a dirt hillside in wood shacks with a dirt floor and a large hole in the ground in the corner where they went to the restroom. No electricity, or running water. Kids were running around in just underwear & nothing else. Certainly will make you realize how good we have it.
                    But I also realize we in America have many that carry high debt load with little to no savings and times like these is not a good position to be in

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                      Agreed. This is past ridiculous. We are in the process of creating irreparable harm to the economy, and to a large extent the world, because a few people will die. And yes I know a “few” May mean 100,000 or 200,000. In the grand scheme of 350,000,000 people in the US, 200,000 isn’t that many. It’s a “few”
                      Unless your one of the few then it might matter.

Comment

This is all about politics in an election year. Trump is ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don’t. Libs are already finding ways to blame Trump. If the economy opens up tomorrow and people continue to get sick and die they blame POTUS, if the economy goes further down the toilet it’s POTUS fault. It’s a terrible situation our country is in. Pro economy or pro life? Tough questions we have to answer. I’m an essential employee in the communications industry so nothing has changed for me other than an additional hourly bonus. So it’s business as usual. God bless USA!

Comment

This virus has been around since the end of November or very early December. China kept it from the world for over a month all while millions of people from infected region of China traveled the globe. Still there are only 100k world wide deaths, 7k American deaths.
                          When it’s all said and done I bet 7k people kill themselves because of the economic down turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                            What happen to Trump saying we could do two things at once; fight the virus and open up the country and get back to work? That took a 180 degree turn in like two days!
                            I don’t see the panic; I don’t see the doom and gloom. Maybe I am missing something?
                            America was not made to run like this!
                            We Americans for the most part are made to be self sufficient, prosperous, go getters that don’t rely on government to take care of us.
                            What happen to the “ LETS ROLL” motto from 9/11? Now it “Lets Hide in Place” 2020.
                            And all of this happen with a republican president!
                            Dear Lord we need to get the economy going or there is not going to be anything left to get going again!

Just imagine how great everything would be right now, with Hillary as president........

Comment

400+k a year. 230million infected

Disease burden
                              According to the latest World malaria report, released in December 2019, there were 228 million cases of malaria in 2018 compared to 231 million cases in 2017. The estimated number of malaria deaths stood at 405 000 in 2018, compared with 416 000 deaths in 2017.Jan 14, 2020
                              World Health Organization › detail
                              Malaria - World Health Organization

Comment

I understand Shane. Wednesday we laid off 70 employees at my branch alone. Corporate wanted us to cut 120.

Comment

Working...
                                X