No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awful quiet in here. I'm gonna go throw some corn today and hunt this weekend.

Comment

Son and I will be down Sunday to do some light scouting. Probably around lunch time to 3.

We may fish as well since he has a tournament there later. Can my bass boat make it up the Nolan towards Blum?

Comment

Only till it gets to shallow.

W Lake is down 6.17 feet below normal.

A lake is 2.26 feet below normal.

Comment

Wish who ever hunted the spot I usually hunt would pick their empty water bottles up.

Comment

Justin, someone hunting your corn?

Think I'm gonna wait till it cools off a little more. Got plenty that needs done to the house before city inspector comes to look at the shed out back. And close out the permit. Still gotta do some painting on it and the house. Plus replaces some trim on the house.

Comment

Looks like it. Gonna have to show up really early tomorrow

Comment

Well, the best to ya in the morning.

Comment

Zero at Aquilla this evening, got to ramp n 7 year old little boy said, catch any fish? I said no I’m deer hunting, he said, U should know that deer move better when it’s cold! Jaw dropped so I gave him some money to buy candy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's pretty cooljay!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                      Zero at Aquilla this evening, got to ramp n 7 year old little boy said, catch any fish? I said no I’m deer hunting, he said, U should know that deer move better when it’s cold! Jaw dropped so I gave him some money to buy candy lol

Sign that boy up. I need a guide.

Comment

First Hunt

I’ve been around Lake Whitney all my life but never been hunting before. I’ve got my very first hunt coming up in 2 weeks God willing. I’ve spent the last few months learning all I can about the laws, shooting a bow and field dressing. Hopefully I have just about everything I need to make this happen but any tips or suggestions would be well appreciated.

Comment

Back out here. Saw a good buck walking in.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                            Back out here. Saw a good buck walking in.

Where abouts are you hunting?
                            I've been hunting H10 a few times.. but havent seen anything

Comment

I'm on the bosque county side. Didn't see anything while sitting. Sat from 5:20 till 10. Did see a guy at an entrance to a section skinning a deer out.

Comment

Little fishing before the hunt on Aquilla!

Comment

Working...
                                X