Unions are not all bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unions are not all bad

Those teachers in West Virginia went on strike for nine days and as a result EVERY state employee gets a 5% pay increase, not just the teachers.

Cool stuff.

Bullying pays.

Comment

[ATTACH]899520[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        [ATTACH]899520[/ATTACH]

Comment

Unions are not all bad

I get that there a lot of teachers in Texas in smaller districts that make around $30K a year as first year teachers or early in their career, but I also know several educators in bigger school districts that make pretty good money with a lot of dang time off of work. Oh I know.....work doesn’t end when the last bell rings. We gotta do lesson plans for the week![emoji849]You know the salary when you choose the profession and there seems to be no shortage of people choosing this career path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where is the money coming from??

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              I get that there a lot of teachers in Texas in smaller districts that make around $30K a year as first year teachers or early in their career, but I also know several educators in bigger school districts that make pretty good money with a lot of dang time off of work. Oh I know.....work doesn’t end when the last bell rings. We gotta do lesson plans for the week![emoji849]You know the salary when you choose the profession and there seems to be no shortage of people choosing this career path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I don't think there is a public service job out there that one would have any trouble finding out what it pays before accepting.
              Lot of folks go into the fire service thinking they are going to make a killing apparently because all I hear around this service is how the pay should be better

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                Where is the money coming from??
                Same place where the money for SROs is going to come from

Comment

[ATTACH]899520[/ATTACH]
                  Pretty much.

Comment

Honestly I was shocked to learn they had teachers in West Virginia, I thought they were “School Marms”
                    Last edited by Playa; 03-06-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Texansfan is going to sleep good tonight thanks to flywise, native texan, mbv77.

Comment

[ATTACH]899520[/ATTACH]
                        Yep

Comment

And guess who going to be paying for those 5 percent raises.

Comment

My opinion is you know the pay before you become a teacher. Yes I have 7 teachers in my family!

Comment

Maybe not, but I haven't seen one yet that wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X