Help ants have attack my archery targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ants have attack my archery targets

I have a block target & cheap 3d deer target that have. Plagued with fire ants ever time you shoot 200 ants come out.anybody have any experience with this any options other than throw away & start over

academy sells tannerite

Comment

maybe try some boiling water on it. i really wouldn't want to put ant poison on it and have to deal with it every time i shoot. maybe just set fire to it and start over. store them indoors when not in use.

Comment

Try food grade dietomaceous earth.

Comment

You're not shooting enough

Comment

Go to http//www.domyownpestcontrol.com

Comment

Got the same problem

Comment

Aim small!

Comment

Cover with tarp and set off bug bomb under it had to do mine couple of times.

Comment

This
                    Attached Files

Comment

This does work!

Originally posted by HCON3 View Post
                      Cover with tarp and set off bug bomb under it had to do mine couple of times.
                      I have done this on something other than a target and it worked. By the way, sure I will get an argument over this...but I FINALLY quit wasting $$ on Andro, Super Pro Andro, every Fire Ant poison on the market and used this around my house, barn etc. Wait until the little A..H.... are in their mound for the night, pour 1 cup or less of gas, diesel, anything with petroleum that generates fumes and it will take out the queen thus the mound THE FIRST TREATMENT! I know, not practical for larges pastures, etc., but it ALWAYS works on the mounds that are really close to where we are all the time.

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys

Comment

Good advice here. Funny, just received an email about the fire ant problem

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                            I have done this on something other than a target and it worked. By the way, sure I will get an argument over this...but I FINALLY quit wasting $$ on Andro, Super Pro Andro, every Fire Ant poison on the market and used this around my house, barn etc. Wait until the little A..H.... are in their mound for the night, pour 1 cup or less of gas, diesel, anything with petroleum that generates fumes and it will take out the queen thus the mound THE FIRST TREATMENT! I know, not practical for larges pastures, etc., but it ALWAYS works on the mounds that are really close to where we are all the time.
                            Do you know what diesel costs?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyford View Post
                              Try food grade dietomaceous earth.
                              This^^^ I live at the lake and have six dogs and two kids runnin around so don't want to poison any of them or the fish I put this stuff on the mounds and they disappear within a week also kills fleas!

Comment

Working...
                              X