No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I want to rant and rave get on top of a sopbox and scream at the top of my lungs a few things I wont. I will say have seen the lake change scince I started hunting there a day or two ago it seems like there are some things that are getting worse some things that stay the same. I would like to make a few points that were made to me by a guy I have had the privilege to call a friend for some time now.

Please don't think I am pointing fingers at anyone or trying to be rude by any means here guys just some honest observations

1. If you hunt by boat your probably not the only person on the lake who is or has been in "your" area some people will go to great lengths to hunt

2. It is called the WWW. World Wide Web many people know what TBH is they just read and don't post they "Lurk" seeing when you will tell them when,where,and what instead of using good ol fashoned leg work

I have noticed more hunters in some of the same areas hunting closer to each other than I have seen but maybe it's just me lol

Good luck everyone I know I don't post as much as I used to but I still keep up

Comment

Country boy!

Comment

Hey TO

Comment

Been awhile since you've been around!

Comment

First time back on the green screen this year so l catch up. One doe down in Whitney last weekend nd working for another now at aquilla. Not seeing much move here at lake a this morning.

Comment

Hey guya and gals! I know its frustrating when someone walks up on you, were all out there doin the same thing and it can be a pain. If i see someone i ussually whistle or somethin to let them know someone is around. Its good to hear orange is being worn!! I hear the outcome of getting caught is pretty severe.

Comment

Lots of movement this evening! Just not what I'm wanting.

Comment

hey guys, new to the forum. been huntin Lake A since 2000. back when it was muzzle loader, i got walked on every time i hunted. but it is public land. most of the time it was a guy with kids so i wasn't too upset. i normally wont enter an area if cars are parked and i don't know where you are hunting. if i do walk in on someone, i will back out immediately and try not to make much noise.
                  got some heart problems so i try not to get too far from my truck and due to this, i don't get to hunt much but enjoy it when i do go. on the orange requirements, do you have to keep it on when in your climber or ground blind ? haven't been this year yet so just preparing. thanks

Comment

Rules say any time walking in hunting areas orange must ne worn. Once you get in your stand orange may be removed

Comment

Thought it says hunters must wear orange, doesnt mention anything about hikers, bikers, or horse riders required to wear orange. Although it would be wise to wear some. Have I misread it?

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
                        Thought it says hunters must wear orange, doesnt mention anything about hikers, bikers, or horse riders required to wear orange. Although it would be wise to wear some. Have I misread it?
                        It says "and some type of orange head wear when walking in a designated hunting area."

Comment

The rules aren't real clear. If it's dark enough I have to use a light, I don't put the orange on. If it's light, and I'm hunting, I'll wear it. Figured a deer wouldn't have a light or orange.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                            It says "and some type of orange head wear when walking in a designated hunting area."
                            That sentence addresses "all hunters" , not "all persons".

So do all of you that scout pre-season, with no device for taking game wear orange?
                            I dont, not all people hunt so why would they read hunting policy, they probably read article 36 from the coe(rules and regulations).

Not trying to be argumentative here. Its just the way I read it.

Comment

I asked them once at the Coe office it's not required unless you are hunting.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification storm. Back to hunting discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X