Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailing a wounded hog

Guys i have a question, i shot a nice sow @ whitney wed. morn. but the blood trail quit and i never found my hog. Should you wait a while before tracking like you would on a deer that you don't see go down, i really wanted some fresh pork but the hog and thick briars won.... at least this time.

Comment

Don't think me or Countryboy will make it. Will be headed out to stick a pig

Comment

Could probly do the next weekend

Comment

I thought about the 12th. But being Valentines Day is a couple of days later, a few couples might have other plans that weekend. The 18th is the Welcome to Cowtown for Mary Bone and I'm sure some might still be recovering from that one Saturday. And the last weekend 26th is the weekend before Nanza, kind a inappropriate.

Comment

The 12 th would be easier for me as well I could at least hang out the entire time pending Shanna having this baby. Dont plan it around me though Shanna could domino anyday now

Comment

If there is enough interest in the 12th, then it will be changed. But I still need to start a thread in The Campfire a week out (5th being one week from today, or next Saturday). So if the 12th is better for everyone, post it up ASAP as CB and JGirsh have done!

And it will be at the Caddo, not at my house . Only pool I have is a wash tub that I water the dogs with.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-29-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

TG, were there any fish on the jugs after I left yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  You dirty dogs, i've been thinkin about juggin lately, some fresh catfish sounds great. Do you guys fish Whitney, and how do you do there, i've only done jugs at Tawakoni.

Comment

I'm sure it's been asked before but can u hunt hogs at night at lake Whitney corps land?

Comment

If the jugs were at cleburne lake, there was one that was bouncing yesterday at about 5pm

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        Yep, and today too .

Here's one from last weekend after a duck hunt. It's also posted in the Team Fish Head thread for Bownanza 2011. You fellers ought to think about coming to Bownanza sometime. Its a blast!

Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-13-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Good! Nice checking them with you yesterday and the comradery.

Comment

Thanks for your help Razor . I'll prob have the jugs out there again next Friday-Sunday, weather permitting. I need about 60-70 lbs of fillets before the 5th of March. Wish I had some more duck hearts and duck livers. They are a little tougher/firmer than chicken livers.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-30-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Nice Fish Mike !!

Comment

Nice fish TG. How has everyone been? I havn't posted in awhile. It has been busy up here at work. I also have been bitting by the bass tournament bug and have had most of my focus and extra time on that. I see there are alot of new people welcome and no I wont tell you where the best spot is other than the biggest buck hang out around Eric on the Aquilla side.

Comment

Working...
                                X