CDC - Skirting the line of protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Why are you guys who bought sanitizer not saying where you bought it? Several have asked.
    Isn’t it past your bedtime?

Comment

Here is the online store, google is your buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Supposedly one time use...one patient & in the trash. For us civi's I'm sure you could use them multiple times depending on where / how much exposure. Not sure it matters as they are not available to the public here.

Edinburg passed some ordinance where you have to be covered when out in public. Haven't heard anything of the like for McAllen yet...it's my understanding Tx is about to have a spike??
        We've been told to wear the same one, for multiple days, until it's contaminated. I don't like it but there's a shortage right now.
        Last edited by LFD2037; 04-05-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          Sorry-a store in Dallas called Auto Beauty Products.

10835 Sanden Dr
          Dallas 75238

972-680-8180
          Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
          https://www.autobeautyproducts.com/m...duct_Code=P150
          Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Supposedly one time use...one patient & in the trash. For us civi's I'm sure you could use them multiple times depending on where / how much exposure. Not sure it matters as they are not available to the public here.

Edinburg passed some ordinance where you have to be covered when out in public. Haven't heard anything of the like for McAllen yet...it's my understanding Tx is about to have a spike??

I got 4 N95 masks last Thursday, they are very limited but available.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              Do you mean after you've been exposed to a known Chinese Flu patient?

If we're exposed to a known carrier, we trash them. Other than that, we're reusing them for several shifts. We have no means to sterilize them.

UV room blasters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                UV room blasters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That's a good idea, & it appears UV lamps do kill Covid, but we have none. I might check into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Why are you guys who bought sanitizer not saying where you bought it? Several have asked.
                  I bought mine from the Texaco service station by my house. It was sitting on the counter right next to the lotto tickets and Altoids. It was small bottles, I bought 4.

I bet $100 that I could find some more tomorrow. Some of us are successful hunter/gatherers and some of us are internet posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                    https://www.autobeautyproducts.com/m...duct_Code=P150
                    $75 per gallon. Was that the going rate pre covid 19?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Where? I havent been able to find any and the places I have shopped. Granted I havent gone out of my way looking for it.

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      Where did you buy it? Asking for a friend..

I got it from our marketing/schwag guy. Bought 250 Sani-Pen pocket hand sanitizers with our logo on them.

Comment

I read somewhere a couple weeks ago (can't find it now) that ozone kills the stuff?

I've got a few masks, if they are gonna require that we wear them, I wonder if I could box them up with my ozone machine for a while to sanitize them...? I've heard ozone in a confined space isn't good for the body either, but it doesn't leave residue, or does it?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I bought mine from the Texaco service station by my house. It was sitting on the counter right next to the lotto tickets and Altoids. It was small bottles, I bought 4.

I bet $100 that I could find some more tomorrow. Some of us are successful hunter/gatherers and some of us are internet posters.
                          Actually, I have enough for me and mine...just looking out for my homies!

Comment

The government and the CDC have been wrong every step of the way so far. Why should I believe them that wearing masks is now so important. When it wasn’t before?

Comment

Nine words that make you cringe....

“We’re from the Government and we’re here to help.”

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                                Based on how the American people destroyed the toilet paper supply chain, you can only imagine what they would have done to masks if they would have been recommended.
                                ^

Comment

Working...
                                X