No announcement yet.

Personal Ammo Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t keep any target ammo either but I also re supplied after last BS only keep the good stuff and keep plenty on hand ��

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
      This^^ And high volume isn't even always needed. Plenty of departed souls in WWII took a single .30/06 or 8mm Mauser through the upper torso. And neither the 9mm or the .45acp were designed with the intent to further aggravate an attacker.
      That's true. I was more or less talking about up close and personal type scenarios. During a fire fight they were probably shot over 100 yards away in most cases. An immediate threat I would much rather shoot with something that is more likely to kill or incapacitate as quickly as possible. Ball rounds definitely aren't harmless but for quickly putting an animal or dangerous person down there are better options. Like......a softpoint.....

With as many bullets that are available to people I could think of other reasons why they're not even the best choice for target practice aside from being a little cheaper. They ricochet like crazy and they're less accurate in some cases. They're really not a safe or good choice for anything other than shooting at a terrorist.
      Last edited by okrattler; 04-05-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        That's true. I was more or less talking about up close and personal type scenarios. During a fire fight they were probably shot over 100 yards away in most cases. An immediate threat I would much rather shoot with something that is more likely to kill or incapacitate as quickly as possible. Ball rounds definitely aren't harmless but for quickly putting an animal or dangerous person down there are better options. Like......a softpoint.....
        There are a lot of dead terrorists that would have to disagree with you sir.
        I agree that I would rather have hollow points, but I wouldn’t say FMJs are ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
          There are a lot of dead terrorists that would have to disagree with you sir.
          I agree that I would rather have hollow points, but I wouldn’t say FMJs are ineffective.
          Agree....not going to enter this Pee Pee contest but some of the comments, really, really?

Comment

Myself, I would hate to catch a .22 any where on my person!

I was down to 25 rounds of 9mm. Didn't relize I was that low. Just got 2k rounds from Sportsmans WH.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Myself, I would hate to catch a .22 any where on my person!

I was down to 25 rounds of 9mm. Didn't relize I was that low. Just got 2k rounds from Sportsmans WH.
              Ha right... I really don’t wanna get hit with a rock out of a sling shot to be honest

Comment

I have bought ammo over the years just because. I found 400 rounds of .40 yesterday that I forgotten about. When I have more energy I'll look and see if I have some other stashes.

Comment

Most of us on here are hunters and probably been shooting for a while I would hate to have the shootout with any of us LOL

Comment

I have plenty of ammo except for my 6.5 Grendel. Picked up another 100 rounds of it recently so feeling a little better about my ammo stock now. Wouldn't mind another 100 rounds for it but that was all they had at the time. I also picked up 2 more high capacity magazines for it.

Wouldn't mind grabbing another 1000 rounds or so of 22LR or another 100 for the Grendel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudbug View Post
                      Most of us on here are hunters and probably been shooting for a while I would hate to have the shootout with any of us LOL
                      That may hold true on the 1st shot, but I don’t think combat firing and hunting shooting are equal

Comment

With as many bullets that are available to people I could think of other reasons why they're not even the best choice for target practice aside from being a little cheaper. They ricochet like crazy and they're less accurate in some cases. They're really not a safe or good choice for anything other than shooting at a terrorist.
                        Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Where?
                          Correction.......Were available.......

Comment

Correction.......Were available.......

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                              Ha right... I really don’t wanna get hit with a rock out of a sling shot to be honest
                              When ordering the recent purchase of ammo my wife asked why do you need so much? Then she ask you can only shoot two pistols at one time correct? I said yep. She ask how many bullets do your pistols hold? I said 16 each so 32. She replied what happens when you shoot the first 32 intruders and reload. Do the other bad guys stop and wait?
                              My first thought was I hope I can maybe take out 6-8 with those first 32 shots

Comment

I am OK with FMJ when you have 42 round mags. Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	24613417

Comment

Working...
                                X