2005 Polaris Ranger Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Polaris Ranger Trouble

Have a 2005 Polaris ranger but stalls out after driving for a few minutes of driving. Cannot leave it idling in park because it will take 20 minutes to start it. If we just turn off the engine and then it starts right up most of the time. I suspect it’s the fuel pump. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was having some issues similar to that. Would die & couldn't get it started. Come back later & start. Tried checking everything. An ATV mechanic told me to check battery. I asked battery? He said something to the effect battery going bad would affect computer. Put a new battery in & no more issues. I have a 2006 500 EFI.

Comment

Check the valve adjustment. I have a 2005 also. 500 carb.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

our '05 did this sometimes. we found out that the fuel line breaks off at the clip sometimes. we fish it out and replace. once done it fires right up and goes.

Comment

My 2015 Ranger started doing this. It turned out being a dirty air filter. Changed it out and it has run fine since.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. It’s much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I replaced all the fuel lines and filter to fix this issue. The fuel pump died a few months later so I replaced it with a $12 unit from Amazon and it runs like a champ.

Comment

Working...
              X