X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion 1 of 7
    "EIGHTH"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 9:1-11:47, 2 Samuel 6:1-19,Mark 7:1-23, Acts 5:1-11, Acts 10:1-35, 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1, Galatians 2:11-16,1 Peter 1:14-16)

Review: Thus far in the studies we have been learning about the betrothal covenant God gave Moses and the mixed multitude at Mount Sinai. In Exodus, the instructions were given for the voluntary gifts that provided for the construction of the tabernacle(mishkan). This teaching is the exact replica or shadow of God's Heavenly Kingdom(government) and how to duplicate this walk on earth. The tabernacle reveals how to walk and enter into His presence in the Holy of Holies(Bridal Chamber) where we shall dwell with Him forever.

In the study of Leviticus, the mixed multitude called Israel received instructions on how to live with their Bridegroom in His Kingdom using the layout of the tabernacle (mishkan). This tabernacle lifestyle is seen through the teaching of the priesthood and the tribe of Levi. Not all Levites were priests. Only the clan of the Levitical Kohath's could act in the role of priests and only the firstborn Kohath received the designated position as High Priest. The remaining Levite brothers, Gershom and Merari, served the people in the outer court, but they were not allowed to serve God inside the tabernacle. Only the priesthood served in the tabernacle(mishkan). This is important information for the Bride of Messiah as Christ is returning for a Bride who walks in the lifestyle of holiness as a priest ministering in the tabernacle. (Ezekiel 44; Revelation 1:5-6; 5:9-10)

Hebrews 11:24-26 "By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ/Messiah greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward (the Bridegroom's appearance)."

Salvation[Deliverance] Versus Eternal Life

Jesus was well known to Moses, for Jesus taught Moses His Word face to face on Mount Sinai. Jesus is the messenger or angel who gave the living words to Moses. Jesus is a type and shadow of Moses.

Acts 7:35-39 "This Moses, whom they rejected, saying, 'Who made you a ruler and judge?' is the very one whom God sent[just like Jesus] as both ruler and ransomer[type and shadow of Jesus] by means of the angel [Jesus] that appeared to him in the thorn bush. This man[Moses just like Jesus will] led them out, performing miracles and signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and in the wilderness for forty years. This is the Moses who said to the people of Isra'el, 'God will raise up a prophet[Jesus] like me[ruler, ransomer, rejected by his own] from among your brothers' This is the man who was in the assembly in the wilderness, accompanied by the angel [Jesus] that had spoken to him at Mount Sinai and by our fathers, the man who was given living words to pass on to us. "But our fathers did NOT want to obey him. On the contrary, they rejected him and in their hearts turned to Egypt

John 5:46-47 Jesus said, "For if you believed[obeyed] Moses, you would believe [obey] Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe [obey] his writings, how will you believe [obey] My words?"

Note: The biblical definition for unbelief and belief is located in Hebrews 3:14-4:11

Moses understood that God requires His Bride (believers) to have a circumcised heart and to walk in covenant to Christ's instructions. Thus Moses also understood there would be some who would not choose to seek His holiness but rather stay in the outer courtyard of the tabernacle and venture no further. God calls many, however the personal decision to choose His walk of holiness (obedience) and to serve the King in the tabernacle rests with each of us; sadly not all will choose (Matthew 7:13-14, 22:14).

Exodus 19: 5 "Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine."

Matthew 22:14 "For many are called [into Christ's priesthood], but few are chosen."

The second "Are" is not in the original text. The verse literally reads,

"For many are called [to be priests], but few choose."

In salvation we enter into the Covenant of Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and enter into His Kingdom (heaven - Matthew 6:10). We are also given the opportunity for eternal life, but we must choose. We do not inherit eternal life if we are not walking as Jesus taught us to walk. Paul exhorted believers to run in such away as to obtain it. Obtain what? Eternal life.

Revelation 22:14-15 "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

1 John 2:4 "The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

Psalms 119:142 "Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Your law is truth."

1 Corinthians 9:24 "[Believers] Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it."

After redemption the rich young ruler made the point of asking Jesus how to become sanctified and inherit eternal life. Sadly many believers begin their new life by being saved/rescued only to perish in the wilderness by not enduring that is preparing their wedding garments. We must put off our old self and become sanctified we cannot serve two masters.

Matthew 19:16, 21-22 "Now behold, one came and said to Him, 'Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?' Jesus/Yeshua said to him, 'If you want to be perfect [have eternal life], go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.' But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions [idols of the heart]."

In Matthew 25 and the parable of the virgins, all ten had salvation but only five received eternal life.

Matthew 25:7-12 "Then all those virgins [believers] arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish [virgins/believers] said to the wise [virgins/believers], 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No,lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' 'But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'"

The letters addressed to the seven churches in the Book of Revelation are written in such a way as to warn believers that they were in jeopardy of loosing eternal life if they continued doing what they were doing. They were told to repent. Jesus then went on to describe what they would inherit if they stopped sinning and chose the goal of their faith - eternal life (Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26-28; Revelation 3:5, 12, 21).

continued tomorrow...
Working...
X