Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this axis buck have EHD or Bluetongue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogCommander View Post
    Update...No LDPs but I shot this buck tonight. Front half of his lower jaw was gone and the skin under the chin had pulled back. He was also pretty bloated so we didnt keep the meat. Not sure how much longer this one would have made it but hes out of his misery now.
    Just curious, what do you think caused the injury? Any evidence?

Comment

I have seen several deer with EHD survive for several days to a week with EHD before dying of pneumonia complications. I have seen a five year old buck take four months to die from complications to the rumen caused by EHD, it damages the rumens ability to take in nutrients and he starved to death. I have seen a perfectly healthy fawn at dark be dead at daylight, bleeding from mouth and nose. EHD follows no rules.

Comment

Someone tried a head shot possibly. 1/2 of Bottom jaw is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
          I have seen several deer with EHD survive for several days to a week with EHD before dying of pneumonia complications. I have seen a five year old buck take four months to die from complications to the rumen caused by EHD, it damages the rumens ability to take in nutrients and he starved to death. I have seen a perfectly healthy fawn at dark be dead at daylight, bleeding from mouth and nose. EHD follows no rules.
          Yea me too.. They can definitely live a few days.. Seen it first hand myself..

Comment

Might be time to take him

Comment

Working...
            X