Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ender View Post
    Funny thing happened this afternoon, I walked up on a pig on the way out. I could have shot it if I’d had my wits about me, I thought it was a dog at first because it wasn’t skittish about me walking by. If I’d stopped earlier and took my pack off and crept up it would have been easy to shoot him. Hell I was 7 yards from him before he realized I was there. But I was all rain geared up and by the time I got the poncho off he had already noticed me and turned tail.

I plan on an all day hunt tomorrow as well BA I’ve got two great bucks out in daylight especially when it’s cold out. The one for my north wind spot is my second choice but I’ll take him if he comes out tomorrow if not I’ll be in my south wind stand Friday and that buck is absolutely gorgeous 14 scorable points non typical and a lot of palmation. My favorite kind a funky rack. Also just so everyone knows the rut is started, the buck that was hiding in the bushes the other day was chasing the doe I shot. He barely spooked when I shot her and still followed her around after the shot. He was barely aware anything happened. Good luck out there, be careful

Sorry about the lost deer and thanks for the updates. When I can’t get to the woods until later in the year it always helps scratch that itch to see some if you regulars (Storm, Texas Grown, Sasky) posting updates here.

Comment

Well I saw my secondary target at about 60 yds right at sunset but I couldn’t get him to come on in. Don’t know if the pop up wasn’t brushed in enough or if he was just cruising. He looked for about 2 minutes before he left but he didn’t seem to skittish so I think he was just checking the corn for does. He went off towards the doe beds.

Comment

Saw this. Went to my 3rd spot and snagged a small 8 pointer. Was able to call him in with a doe grunt. I ditched my ground blind and trusted my camo and the chama chair. 40 yards and he fell 10 yards away. Just finished packing him out. Was gonna be here all weekend.. but got luck on the first day. Im out of broadhead bands so I might scout out for a new entry point to the closed road.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just currious if anyone was come across any wild dogs? Got a chance to go hunting today since both my classes didnt meet. While sitting I saw what I thought where 3 coyotes at first, but when they rounded into my shooting lane, they looked like part pitbull. They sniffed around like they where tracking something, then off they disappeared and then another 2 dogs came in, they where some kinda red white muts. They did look feed, but lacked collars and no one was calling after them, whistling or anything. Did see 2 guys walking around, the time they where in the area but never saw the dogs with them. The guys, where in jeans, one in a red tshirt another was gray, no hunter orange, no bow, crossbow, shotgun or anything like that with them. So kinda made me suspicious they dumped the 5 dogs out there and left

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying to do some catch up. Been about a month since I was on here last or at least I think so. Sorry to hear about your hospital stay Storm but I'm glad it worked out for you.
            I had my right knee replaced Oct. 9 and my left knee replaced Oct. 16. Couple of days later had problems with high heart rate so back to the hospital for another week of testing. After a week of testing heart, lungs and every hole I've got nothing was found. So I was wrapped up and sent to the VA. They tweaked my Agent Orange meds and I'm doing well again. Seems like Agent Orange has taken about another 1/3rd of my lung compacity and oxygen might be a problem now but hey the knees are doing well. They have been the easy part so far.
            Really enjoyed catching up. Might even get to ride down this weekend and look around the lake.

Good luck to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamehoff View Post
              Saw this. Went to my 3rd spot and snagged a small 8 pointer. Was able to call him in with a doe grunt. I ditched my ground blind and trusted my camo and the chama chair. 40 yards and he fell 10 yards away. Just finished packing him out. Was gonna be here all weekend.. but got luck on the first day. Im out of broadhead bands so I might scout out for a new entry point to the closed road.
              Congrats!!! Any pics of him? I need to get myself a call.

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                Congrats!!! Any pics of him? I need to get myself a call.
                No pic unfortunately. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

Just saying. ....
                  What app is that?

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                    Trying to do some catch up. Been about a month since I was on here last or at least I think so. Sorry to hear about your hospital stay Storm but I'm glad it worked out for you.
                    I had my right knee replaced Oct. 9 and my left knee replaced Oct. 16. Couple of days later had problems with high heart rate so back to the hospital for another week of testing. After a week of testing heart, lungs and every hole I've got nothing was found. So I was wrapped up and sent to the VA. They tweaked my Agent Orange meds and I'm doing well again. Seems like Agent Orange has taken about another 1/3rd of my lung compacity and oxygen might be a problem now but hey the knees are doing well. They have been the easy part so far.
                    Really enjoyed catching up. Might even get to ride down this weekend and look around the lake.

Good luck to all of you.
                    Good to hear your doing better Coop.

Comment

Super Six-Four good to hear from you, now get out there an do some hunting.

Comment

Anyone know if the Lakeside Village boat ramp is open?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health JC. But glad the knees are doing better along with every thing now. Agent Orange is the blame for my cuzin's blood clotting problems in his legs as well. He's nearly lost his legs a couple of times now. And has to have the arteries and veins cleaned out about every 5 years now. Or clots will form cutting off the circulation. He finally retired and moved into a house in Detroit, TX near his 100 acres. Spending all that hard earned money he's saved up . Bought another new Vett, new 4-wheel drive truck, and a bunch more toys . Course he's earned it all too.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            Anyone know if the Lakeside Village boat ramp is open?
                            I haven't been by there but heard it was closed last weekend. Water is probably up to the parking area.

Comment

Yea, that what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Hello [emoji870]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X