Question for the Golf Cart brain trust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Golf Cart brain trust!

Guys I'm planing on buying a 48V cart to use around the house/lease what features should I be looking for? Like lift size and anything else to boost power or torque. Or just nice to haves etc.

Thanks!

I would be looking for a gas cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I would be looking for a gas cart.

I prefer gas as well. Not as quiet as electric, but I don't have to worry about electricity. I have 2. One for the house and running around the land, and one I keep at the golf course. The one at the house is more of a utility cart than a golf cart. It came with a dump bed that can be taken off by removing 2 pins. The dump bed is very handy. I built some brackets and added a back seat mount that goes there when I take off the dump bed. Its got a 4 inch lift with 24 inch tires. Its plenty high enough to do anything I want to do. I would like to add a winch, but haven't done that yet. I plan on putting some different gears in it as well at some point to get a little more speed. They are kind of like a jeep, You can add as much to them as you want

Comment

I have a gas that I use around the house and at the course. 6” lift on it. I prefer gas over electric because I can work on it and the wife doesn’t have to worry about if it’s charged.

Comment

make sure your tires are heavy duty and filled with slime!

Comment

I'm looking as well for sporting clays. But I want gas. More $ than I figured but got a line on some refurbished stuff

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my 48 V cart. Has a lift and a littl oversize tires. Bought it that way. Runs way to fast for me. A little squirrely on a gravel road. Has plenty of charge for a weekend of fun.

Comment

After owning a Bad Boy Buggy, I wouldn’t buy a real golf cart. Lol. But if you’re just messing around the neighborhood a golf cart is all you need. Seems like you can buy a bad boy cheaper than a golf cart.

Comment

I put little red led lights in the cubby holes, the floor board, etc., and ran them off a separate 12v battery. BIG help when it's dark... they weren't built to be out after the sun goes down!

Comment

Spend the money on a long travel suspension when you do the lift. It will still be a rough ride off road but you will keep your teeth.

Comment

Thx! Im Stuck on electric so that’s why I’m asking about mods, I heard some were changing stuff for torque for power etc

Comment

Found this one today. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If it was me I would buy a 2010 or newer ezgo RXV 48vlt with the AC motor. The stock cart has plenty of torque without mods. Also already comes stock with independent front suspension. Just upgrade the battery cables to 2g minimum, add lift tires and whatever else you want. Also those came with 4 12v batteries. When its time to get new I would try to fit 6-8volt trojans in it if possible for more capacity. These off the golf course stock will run around $3k but you dont have to do any real performance mods.

If you want a cheaper route go with an early 2000's ezgo txt but male sure its a series cart and not a sepex. You can get one of these stock 1-2k but you will drop at least 1k in performance mods and the ac drive on the rxv is more efficient.
                          Last edited by KactusKiller; 04-18-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

thanks all and Kactus that's exactly the info I need

Comment

Buy a back brace and start searching massages on groupon. I have a lifted golf cart for my lease and now ready for a Ranger. I"ll sell you my golf cart!

Comment

Working...
                              X