Wyoming Antelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming Antelope

Anyone out chasing some Wyoming antelope? Also will anyone else be up in Unit 26 this year. Our group will be heading there early October.

I'm hunting unit 21. I hope to be hunting the week of the 19th.

Comment

Didn't draw this year. Next year will be the ticket if point creep doesn't get us again.

Comment

Unit 9 for us!!!

Comment

Are the antelope in Wyoming any bigger/better than the ones in Texas?

Comment

Good luck folks. Nice little cool down coming beginning of Oct.

You all might check on air quality where you'll be hunting.
            The Mullen Fire is putting up tons of smoke in parts of Wyoming right now, other fires too.
            Makes for uncomfortable breathing conditions.

We're headed over by Saratoga on Oct 2 for a couple of days to fill our buck and doe tags.
            We'll be looking for mature bucks not necessarily trophy hunting, doe must have nice little horns to get pursued.
            We'll miss sage grouse season this year but I'm taking my shotgun for ducks , some little ponds to jump that hold a few.

Comment

We have more antelope than people up here and most are on public land. Well, last winter was rough on some populations but they'll bounce back.

You need some PP to draw a decent tag, some can be drawn in the random draw without any PP.
              PP can be bought right now for most species.

Comment

There are some huge antelope in hudspeth county tx that being said there are some very large antelope in Wyoming as well.

Comment

All packed up and headed out in the morning! I’ll post updates during the hunt! We have 4 tags to fill so should be a fun hunt.

Comment

Killed mine Sunday evening here in Nevada. Wife and I are thinking of making Wyoming an annual thing for the family.

Comment

Headed to Sheridan this evening. Will be hunting this Saturday through next Thursday. Didn’t draw mule deer. Antelope only. Be careful out there.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Are the antelope in Wyoming any bigger/better than the ones in Texas?
                        Depends on where you hunt. I have limited experience hunting anywhere but in Eastern Wyoming, but most goats there are not real impressive. That said, you can find a trophy most anywhere, just might not be behind every sage brush. I never hunted horns, I went because it’s fun and they have delicious meat.

Comment

I have an area 73 tag and have been out a couple of times looking at goats so far. Nothing yet that has made me want to pull the trigger. Season runs through the end of October so there is plenty of time.
                          Whacked a coyote while out last Saturday and he did not fare well getting hit with a 145 gr Barnes LRX from an7mm RUM!
                          Watched a bunch of elk and some nice deer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We will be up in unit 2. Were leaving tomorrow. Im pretty excited.

Comment

We're up here but we're done. My big boy got his 1st antelope last Sunday, his younger brother got his 1st antelope this morning. There were 7 trucks road hunting all around us this morning while Middle shot his, yall get away from the roads and you'll do better.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X