Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most economical way to Texas Rig new Decoys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the most economical way to Texas Rig new Decoys?

Looking for advice- I’ve always bought used decoys that came rigged. I decided I wanted a few specific species to add to my spread and found a great deal on some new dekes from another TBH’er. Now I need to rig them- what’s the most economical way to do that- I’ve got either 1 1/2 or 2 dozen I’ll have to check to be sure.... Thank you gentleman.

Academy Texas rigs is what I got this year to rig my brand new spread. 3 dozen of em. Next year I’ll pay the money for lifetime decoy rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2-300 pound monofilament with crimps is the cheapest, but Academy brand pre-rigs are pretty inexpensive.

Comment

Lifetime Decoys coated cable will save you money long term. They will outlast your decoys and very possibly last the rest of your life. There is a DIY kit if you want to cut some cost, it will rig up 2 dozen but you have to buy your own weights.

Comment

Look up Hebert Custom Decoy Rigs on Facebook he makes THE BEST Texas rigs that are cheap, fully customizable and get shipped to you quickly. I bought some a couple years ago and now all my friends are running them and advocates as well.

Comment

Buy cheap egg weights from the guy on fish on Waco, then buy 500 or 1000# mono off amazon, cut to length and use crimps on each end.

Been doing mine that way for years.

Comment

Lifetime Decoys! Buy once, cry once.

Comment

Lifetime decoys! Give Dane a call.
                Worked with him at American Sooting Centers back in the day and he set me up.
                I have made my own, from buying cable to pouring lead etc, but like Curt said, buy once, cry once.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Lifetime Decoys! Buy once, cry once.

This!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Buy cheap egg weights from the guy on fish on Waco, then buy 500 or 1000# mono off amazon, cut to length and use crimps on each end.

Been doing mine that way for years.
                    Eggs and heavy mono are how mine are set up. Not the best rig in the world, but then again, I ain’t picking them up very often either.

We picked up 20 dozen new (to us) decoys for a new spot we have this year. I’m dreading rigging them up.

Comment

Working...
                    X