JT SAFARIES with Tyler Nilgai hunt experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JT SAFARIES with Tyler Nilgai hunt experience

So back in February 2020 I booked a nilgai hunt for may 2020 as we spend a week in port Mansfield trout fishing, figured I'd spend a night to go after a bull while there, not my first choice of hunting one but the price seemed right and I'd already be down there. Fast forward to about a week before the hunt, I call him to confirm hunt is on with covid and everything going on wanted to make sure it was a go, at that time he says probably be better to postpone hunt date with everything going on, I said fine just let me know a good date when you figure everything out. Feburary 2021 rolls around I start contacting him once again trying to get a date pinned down which is very hard getting in contact with him excuse after excuse finally get date set around the time our annual trip is once again may 2021. A week before our trip once again I call him to confirm all good, he says man they are dredging the channel and I hit one of their pipes my boat is going to down for at least 25 days, remind yall he didnt even call me to tell me any of this before I came, so once again I tell him to let me know of another date so we can wrap this hunt up, never here anything back. November 18th I send him a text asking him if I should just chalk this up as a loss or are we ever going to make this hunt happen? He responds who is this? I give him my name and send him a screenshot of my dated deposit. He responds deposits are only good for which the yr they are made! First I've heard of this! I then tell him you postponed originally because of covid. He responds we cannot help weather or global viruses, do you want a cow or a bull? I said a bull, I didnt cancel any of these dates I just want to get the hunt done that I gave deposit on, he replies I will work with you, but the cost of the hunt has gone up $250.00 bucks and I'll split the $500.00 with you that you deposited two yrs ago....... so once again I'm out the deposit, but hes working with me! I said so let me know a good date I'll find a way to make it work whatever month is good for you. That was November 18th and havnt heard jack crap back. Do what you want but that's been my whole honest dealing with him and wouldn't recommend him by any means.

wow! yea, definitely wont be using him when i book. Been looking into a nilgai for a while now

Comment

That guy is notorious for this and does it to a lot of folks. It’s all over Facebook groups that he used to post hunts in. It’s so bad that it’s a running joke now in one particular group. He’s even made a fake page and posted a fake 5 star review of his own business on it. Sorry you got burned.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
        That guy is notorious for this and does it to a lot of folks. It’s all over Facebook groups that he used to post hunts in. It’s so bad that it’s a running joke now in one particular group. He’s even made a fake page and posted a fake 5 star review of his own business on it. Sorry you got burned.

Yep. Guy is well know con artist. Sorry he got you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately, you are one of many that have had issues with this particular individual.

Comment

One thing I've learned is when somebody wants a small deposit, its normally a red flag. Its just enough to help them out, but not enough for the hunter to go after legally.

The same thing has happened to me a time or two, the last time was with Four Seasons Ranch outside of Pearsall

Comment

*** whippin seems to be in order.

Comment

What a scumbag. Are you on any of the Facebook nilgai hunting pages? Be a good place to post that so the masses can rip him apart

Comment

Good lord. Sorry to hear that brother. Amazing how many of these scumbags are floating around social media scamming people. And how they don't end up in the river or eating through a straw is beyond me.

Comment

I dont know if you've posted this before an any other hunting forums, but I read a similar story about this guy on another forum. In that report, JT Safaris also blamed his boat troubles on the drenched pipe, and that was over 6 months ago when I read that.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                      What a scumbag. Are you on any of the Facebook nilgai hunting pages? Be a good place to post that so the masses can rip him apart
                      I'm not on FB but I may ask my wife to look into it she is.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                        I dont know if you've posted this before an any other hunting forums, but I read a similar story about this guy on another forum. In that report, JT Safaris also blamed his boat troubles on the drenched pipe, and that was over 6 months ago when I read that.
                        His go-to excuse is ALWAYS boat trouble. Every time.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          Guy had nothing but excuses and never once contacted me that's when I could tell it wasnt going to happen, still trying to figure out why he wouldn't want to complete the hunt for remainder pmt. Either way I'm not that worried about the deposit, just dont want to see someone else lose out and waste their time with this azz clown

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                            I'm not on FB but I may ask my wife to look into it she is.
                            Definitely do man. Texas nilgai hunters is a busy and popular page for a lot of outfitters and hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              Definitely do man. Texas nilgai hunters is a busy and popular page for a lot of outfitters and hunters.
                              Thanks on it

Comment

Working...
                              X