My New Kimble County GetAway Project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
    Man, this is cool! I really enjoy reading about these types of project properties! So, how many feeders do you have, etc. I'd try to catch some rain water into a tank for the critters. Keep up with the pics!
    I have one feeder running right now at the back of the place... Plan on putting one down off the overlook sometime to just watch the wildlife... I am going to set up a watering station now that I got my water flowing but the creek and river are only a 1/4 mile from my place so they get plenty for the meantime... It's deffinetly a rewarding project and one of my lifelong dreams to be a land owner

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
      i have one feeder running right now at the back of the place... Plan on putting one down off the overlook sometime to just watch the wildlife... I am going to set up a watering station now that i got my water flowing but the creek and river are only a 1/4 mile from my place so they get plenty for the meantime... It's deffinetly a rewarding project and one of my lifelong dreams to be a land owner
      working weekends..almost makes going to work on Mondays nice....almost

Comment

Dang I woulda taken that boat off your hands

Comment

first inline

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
          Dang I woulda taken that boat off your hands
          actually still got the boat.... if I ever decide to get rid of it you will be the first in line

Comment

Actually threw out some grass seed and some sunflower seed this weekend on some of the newly dozed spots and the shooting berm I had Pushed up... Then the good lord sent a good storm through on sunday night to water them in... hopefully they will sprout

Comment

Maybe I missed it but can you post what you paid for this place or shoot me a pm....I've been looking at land websites every night seeing if anything catches my eye. I'm like you though......I'd like to save some money and do some labor on a place that needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                Maybe I missed it but can you post what you paid for this place or shoot me a pm....I've been looking at land websites every night seeing if anything catches my eye. I'm like you though......I'd like to save some money and do some labor on a place that needs it.
                I am interested as well. What area are you looking in? I am always on lands of Texas and dreaming of having my get away one day.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
                  I am interested as well. What area are you looking in? I am always on lands of Texas and dreaming of having my get away one day.
                  Well if the truth be known id love to be around Fredericksburg, Harper, kerrville, Junction, Mason....kinda that area. I already live about 6 hours from the Hill Country so if I get out past Rocksprings I'm pushing 7-8 hours!

Comment

Good looking place and all the hard work is paying off. When you finish there will be more satifashion and a greater reward than if you bought a turn key type place.

Comment

I was looking in Lands of Texas and every other website that lists land in the hill country... The Local Newspaper " The Junction Eagle" has Listings from all the real estate companys in the area and always has a wide variety of propertys.. You can get an Idea of what the land is going for by just looking at the Prices... I Got Lucky and Joined junction swap/trade on facebook and the lady I bought my place from was selling her fathers estate "as is" ... I had been Looking and saving for years but just couldnt find a place that fit me.... I was Really looking for river property but Dang that stuff is High!!!! I will have me a place on the river someday if its only a couple of lots to park an r.v. If your really wanting a place, be dilligent in your search and be ready to jump on a deal when it comes up because there are 10 people right behind you that slide right under you and buy it quick....

Comment

pm sent grizzly

Comment

pm sent ryan

Comment

thanks Pedernal... I dont know when the work will end or if it ever will but I can tell you that I got to spend some time on my place by myself the other day and its crazy standing on soil that you can call your own .... Fence To fence.... A turnkey place would not be as much fun either..lol

Comment

You have done some work!!.. Looks great Nothing like having your own place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                                actually still got the boat.... if I ever decide to get rid of it you will be the first in line
                                Lol alright

Comment

Working...
                                X