No announcement yet.

Covid Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article by an immunologist who says Covid is not really a new or "novel" virus, citing similarities to Sars and Mers virus outbreaks in past years. Point related to this thread is to note where he discusses the extreme sensitivity of the PRC test, which leads to false positive test results due to detecting already-dead virus cells. Long read, but worthwhile.

So: Sars-Cov-2 isn’t all that new, but merely a seasonal cold virus that mutated and disappears in summer, as all cold viri do — which is what we’re observing globally right now. Flu viri mutate significantly more, by the way, and nobody would ever claim that a new flu virus strain was completely novel.

By the way, prayers up for my Dad, who tested positive at his nursing home yesterday. Presently shows no symptoms. Thanks in advance to y'all.

Comment

Sounds like the “Friend was waterskiing and fell in a nest of water moccasins “ story has some new modern day competition....

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
        I’ve heard that story too and saw a Tik Tok with the same thing.

Not sure on it being true or not but regarding a melon testing positive. Pathophysiology studies show Inanimate objects can contain the virus on their surface for up to 6 hours. Including surfaces in your home, like countertops and curtains.

Don’t trust politicians or stories but you can believe science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        So please enlighten us. Is herd immunity a real thing? "They" are saying it doesn't exist now.

Science is crap when it becomes political.

Comment

One day when there is a real investigation into covid ( likely many years from now) it will be learned that most Of the testing was wrong and most of the reactions were well overblown.
          Since day one the numbers have been BS.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
            I’ve heard that story too and saw a Tik Tok with the same thing.

Not sure on it being true or not but regarding a melon testing positive. Pathophysiology studies show Inanimate objects can contain the virus on their surface for up to 6 hours. Including surfaces in your home, like countertops and curtains.

Don’t trust politicians or stories but you can believe science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The Covid science seems to be about as reliable as the climate science......unfortunately none of it is trust worthy.

Comment

Working...
            X