Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #1
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking….Pow Pow!
Default USW ......Interesting

https://www.usw.org/blog/2020/americas-true-patriots
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Violent lost souls who want only chaos and ungodliness to abound are the true patriots of America? Brilliant.
You'll notice the leftists never allow any comments on their articles.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
Hidden E
Nubbin' Buck

That's one of the most fu**ed up articles i've ever read, could not finish reading about the true patriots and heroes.
Hidden E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 12:17 PM   #4
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Just wonder why this propaganda would even be posted on the green screen
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Straight off the USW website.....
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
LWC
Ten Point

Wow! Looks like that piece was written by United Steel Works International president. Crazy
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #7
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

At least they don’t hide their agenda.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #8
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

funny how it's ok for them to protest but you aren't allowed to disagree.
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 02:02 PM   #9
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
It's no coincidence. TD knows I am a member of the USW and he is trying to stir the pot. As usual. What he doesn't tell you is how much he loves coming into these USW represented sites as a contractor and making the big bucks.

Conway is no different than any politician. He will scribe an article to fit his agenda. It's really sad because at one time he was really good at his job. He has lost touch with the blue collar crowd and what the union should be representing.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 02:07 PM   #10
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
It's no coincidence. TD knows I am a member of the USW and he is trying to stir the pot. As usual. What he doesn't tell you is how much he loves coming into these USW represented sites as a contractor and making the big bucks.

Conway is no different than any politician. He will scribe an article to fit his agenda. It's really sad because at one time he was really good at his job. He has lost touch with the blue collar crowd and what the union should be representing.

Nobody is picking on you bud. It’s an interesting Read.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #11
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:

A whole two paragraphs into this. And I won’t read another letter.

When demonstrations erupted across the country after George Floyd’s death at the hands of police officers, Donald Trump portrayed the protesters as America’s enemies.

Trump called them “thugs,” “lowlifes” and “losers.” He threatened to unleash America’s military on them and fled to a White House bunker while demonstrators gathered in Lafayette Square.”

He called the rioters thugs and lowlifes. Not the **** protestors.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 06-29-2020 at 02:40 PM.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #12
CEO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
funny how it's ok for them to protest but you aren't allowed to disagree.
I saw an article talking about the NBA allowing players to put a message on their jersey where their name usually appears. The first comment was, "can't wait for all the Trump supporters to flip when someone puts black live matter on their jersey." Second comment was, "can't wait for protesters to burn down the arena when someone puts all lives matter".
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #13
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:

No sir! I was looking at a twitter feed about the postal folks endorsing Biden ( no surprise ) when I came across this . I was completely floored at what I read.

I have no problem with the union guys (you included ) It's y'alls leadership that's dragging the USW members thru the mud.

It seems y'all only have a voice when it comes to your compensations.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:52 PM   #14
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I saw an article talking about the NBA allowing players to put a message on their jersey where their name usually appears. The first comment was, "can't wait for all the Trump supporters to flip when someone puts black live matter on their jersey." Second comment was, "can't wait for protesters to burn down the arena when someone puts all lives matter".

It’s funny because that’s exactly the conversation I had with my wife last night. I guarantee if someone did use all lives matter they would be banned.
The hypocrisy is astonishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #15
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
No sir! I was looking at a twitter feed about the postal folks endorsing Biden ( no surprise ) when I came across this . I was completely floored at what I read.

I have no problem with the union guys (you included ) It's y'alls leadership that's dragging the USW members thru the mud.

It seems y'all only have a voice when it comes to your compensations.
I can tell you this. And, it is very factual. The majority of the union members I know and represent do not like messages like this from the top brass. Many of us are vets, support law enforcement, and are first responders. I have no doubt there will be responses sent to Pittsburgh over this message. I have not seen it until today. And, I am glad it was pointed out. I have already passed it on to my top stewards.

I have met and spoken to Tom on more than one occasion. I really hate he went down this path.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:11 PM   #16
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I can tell you this. And, it is very factual. The majority of the union members I know and represent do not like messages like this from the top brass. Many of us are vets, support law enforcement, and are first responders. I have no doubt there will be responses sent to Pittsburgh over this message. I have not seen it until today. And, I am glad it was pointed out. I have already passed it on to my top stewards.

I have met and spoken to Tom on more than one occasion. I really hate he went down this path.
Maybe a group of union members should organise and push back against this garbage. Trump has done more for American steel than any president.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2020, 10:03 PM   #17
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden E View Post
That's one of the most fu**ed up articles i've ever read, could not finish reading about the true patriots and heroes.

You missed out on the heartwarming message from AOC at the end...

Yes, the article was a bunch of dreck.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
Gummi Bear is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 05:49 AM   #18
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Here is my response to the article that I sent to Tom and the USW this morning. I certainly will not be on anyone's Xmas mailing list in Pittsburgh. But, he ll.... I never have been. Like I have stated many times... I will always fight the good fight for workers rights and benefits. But, krap like this irritates me to no end.

This message is in response to Tom Conway's article "America's True Patriots" written on June 5, 2020.

There has rarely been an article written that I could disagree with more than this one. Articles like this is exactly why union memberships are dwindling. And. just another reason why it has become an extreme challenge to grow local memberships. The USW must realize that many of it's members are conservative and respect law and order. The article in itself is written in extremely poor taste. Many of us are veterans that respect and support our law enforcement, first responders, and military.

The "True Patriots" that you mention in your article were not peacefully protesting. They had become belligerent, out of control,and turned this scene and many others from protests to riots and anarchy.

From spitting on and harassing law enforcement, destroying personal property, harassing innocent citizens,
rioting, looting, beatings, harassing and disrespecting national guard personnel, and even defacing churches....

These are NO patriots.

President Trump has stated on many occasions that he supports peaceful protests. Many of these protests are NOT peaceful and do not lead to positive results.

I am asking that in the future please focus more on union issues. And, refrain from politics. Besides, when is the last time a democrat has kept their word to a union organization? The only time they know us is at election time.

In solidarity,

James Townsend
USW 13-1 Chairman
Marathon Bay Plant
Texas City, Texas
Old 06-30-2020, 05:54 AM   #19
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Maybe a group of union members should organise and push back against this garbage. Trump has done more for American steel than any president.
Pretty certain they will. And, I agree on Trump and the jobs. Good or bad..... Trump is the only one that kept his word on jobs. Facts are facts.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:43 AM   #20
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Quote:
Here is my response to the article that I sent to Tom and the USW this morning. I certainly will not be on anyone's Xmas mailing list in Pittsburgh. But, he ll.... I never have been. Like I have stated many times... I will always fight the good fight for workers rights and benefits. But, krap like this irritates me to no end.

This message is in response to Tom Conway's article "America's True Patriots" written on June 5, 2020.

There has rarely been an article written that I could disagree with more than this one. Articles like this is exactly why union memberships are dwindling. And. just another reason why it has become an extreme challenge to grow local memberships. The USW must realize that many of it's members are conservative and respect law and order. The article in itself is written in extremely poor taste. Many of us are veterans that respect and support our law enforcement, first responders, and military.

The "True Patriots" that you mention in your article were not peacefully protesting. They had become belligerent, out of control,and turned this scene and many others from protests to riots and anarchy.

From spitting on and harassing law enforcement, destroying personal property, harassing innocent citizens,
rioting, looting, beatings, harassing and disrespecting national guard personnel, and even defacing churches....

These are NO patriots.

President Trump has stated on many occasions that he supports peaceful protests. Many of these protests are NOT peaceful and do not lead to positive results.

I am asking that in the future please focus more on union issues. And, refrain from politics. Besides, when is the last time a democrat has kept their word to a union organization? The only time they know us is at election time.

In solidarity,

James Townsend
USW 13-1 Chairman
Marathon Bay Plant
Texas City, Texas
Very good response and good for you on sending this in as a Representative for your members. After OCAW was merged many years ago things got way too political with the leadership imho. And even worse after merging with USW.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 08:01 AM   #21
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:

Follow the $$$. Union leaders get tons of money from the left. I’ll see if I can find the article I read about a year go that had the money trails and amounts that were funneled To various union leaders.
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 AM   #22
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7742 View Post
Very good response and good for you on sending this in as a Representative for your members. After OCAW was merged many years ago things got way too political with the leadership imho. And even worse after merging with USW.
OCAW was absolutely better. No doubt bigger does not mean better.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #23
Rustled Again
Six Point

Hunt In: Hext

Each to their own but my own is, that is crap! Constitutionally guaranteed right to protest ie "freedom of speach" ends with violence, burning of police cars, looting, etc. The pendulum will swing.
Rustled Again is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #24
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:

These are NO patriots.

In solidarity,

James Townsend
USW 13-1 Chairman
Marathon Bay Plant
Texas City, Texas
Good job James! I hope more of your brothers make their voices heard. Let us know what you hear back.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #25
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Sure will.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:28 AM   #26
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Bayou- I applaud you and also feel your pain. I too am a member of a Union. Although I see the need I wish they would focus on only their membership and not play in politics. Their entire energy should be focused on nothing more than the membership's needs.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #27
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie, Kimble

Possibly one of the most idiotic articles that ever read
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top