USW ......Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    I can tell you this. And, it is very factual. The majority of the union members I know and represent do not like messages like this from the top brass. Many of us are vets, support law enforcement, and are first responders. I have no doubt there will be responses sent to Pittsburgh over this message. I have not seen it until today. And, I am glad it was pointed out. I have already passed it on to my top stewards.

I have met and spoken to Tom on more than one occasion. I really hate he went down this path.
    Maybe a group of union members should organise and push back against this garbage. Trump has done more for American steel than any president.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden E View Post
      That's one of the most fu**ed up articles i've ever read, could not finish reading about the true patriots and heroes.

You missed out on the heartwarming message from AOC at the end...

[emoji15]

Yes, the article was a bunch of dreck.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Here is my response to the article that I sent to Tom and the USW this morning. I certainly will not be on anyone's Xmas mailing list in Pittsburgh. But, he ll.... I never have been. Like I have stated many times... I will always fight the good fight for workers rights and benefits. But, krap like this irritates me to no end.

This message is in response to Tom Conway's article "America's True Patriots" written on June 5, 2020.

There has rarely been an article written that I could disagree with more than this one. Articles like this is exactly why union memberships are dwindling. And. just another reason why it has become an extreme challenge to grow local memberships. The USW must realize that many of it's members are conservative and respect law and order. The article in itself is written in extremely poor taste. Many of us are veterans that respect and support our law enforcement, first responders, and military.

The "True Patriots" that you mention in your article were not peacefully protesting. They had become belligerent, out of control,and turned this scene and many others from protests to riots and anarchy.

From spitting on and harassing law enforcement, destroying personal property, harassing innocent citizens,
        rioting, looting, beatings, harassing and disrespecting national guard personnel, and even defacing churches....

These are NO patriots.

President Trump has stated on many occasions that he supports peaceful protests. Many of these protests are NOT peaceful and do not lead to positive results.

I am asking that in the future please focus more on union issues. And, refrain from politics. Besides, when is the last time a democrat has kept their word to a union organization? The only time they know us is at election time.

In solidarity,

James Townsend
        USW 13-1 Chairman
        Marathon Bay Plant
        Texas City, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Maybe a group of union members should organise and push back against this garbage. Trump has done more for American steel than any president.
          Pretty certain they will. And, I agree on Trump and the jobs. Good or bad..... Trump is the only one that kept his word on jobs. Facts are facts.

Comment

Here is my response to the article that I sent to Tom and the USW this morning. I certainly will not be on anyone's Xmas mailing list in Pittsburgh. But, he ll.... I never have been. Like I have stated many times... I will always fight the good fight for workers rights and benefits. But, krap like this irritates me to no end.

This message is in response to Tom Conway's article "America's True Patriots" written on June 5, 2020.

There has rarely been an article written that I could disagree with more than this one. Articles like this is exactly why union memberships are dwindling. And. just another reason why it has become an extreme challenge to grow local memberships. The USW must realize that many of it's members are conservative and respect law and order. The article in itself is written in extremely poor taste. Many of us are veterans that respect and support our law enforcement, first responders, and military.

The "True Patriots" that you mention in your article were not peacefully protesting. They had become belligerent, out of control,and turned this scene and many others from protests to riots and anarchy.

From spitting on and harassing law enforcement, destroying personal property, harassing innocent citizens,
            rioting, looting, beatings, harassing and disrespecting national guard personnel, and even defacing churches....

These are NO patriots.

President Trump has stated on many occasions that he supports peaceful protests. Many of these protests are NOT peaceful and do not lead to positive results.

I am asking that in the future please focus more on union issues. And, refrain from politics. Besides, when is the last time a democrat has kept their word to a union organization? The only time they know us is at election time.

In solidarity,

James Townsend
            USW 13-1 Chairman
            Marathon Bay Plant
            Texas City, Texas
            Very good response and good for you on sending this in as a Representative for your members. After OCAW was merged many years ago things got way too political with the leadership imho. And even worse after merging with USW.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Follow the $$$. Union leaders get tons of money from the left. I’ll see if I can find the article I read about a year go that had the money trails and amounts that were funneled To various union leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                Very good response and good for you on sending this in as a Representative for your members. After OCAW was merged many years ago things got way too political with the leadership imho. And even worse after merging with USW.
                OCAW was absolutely better. No doubt bigger does not mean better.

Comment

Each to their own but my own is, that is crap! Constitutionally guaranteed right to protest ie "freedom of speach" ends with violence, burning of police cars, looting, etc. The pendulum will swing.

Comment

These are NO patriots.

In solidarity,

James Townsend
                    USW 13-1 Chairman
                    Marathon Bay Plant
                    Texas City, Texas
                    Good job James! I hope more of your brothers make their voices heard. Let us know what you hear back.

Comment

Sure will.

Comment

Bayou- I applaud you and also feel your pain. I too am a member of a Union. Although I see the need I wish they would focus on only their membership and not play in politics. Their entire energy should be focused on nothing more than the membership's needs.

Comment

Possibly one of the most idiotic articles that ever read

Comment

Working...
                          X