Trail cams fogging up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail cams fogging up

I've tried the rain x method and it never fails every night my camera still fogs up. Is there another method that you guys have tried and had success with? Or has anyone else had this problem with a covert camera?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sounds like there is moisture inside the game cam.

Comment

When its rainy, foggy or a heavy heavy dew, mine fog up or just get wet really. Dries off and we move on./

When it rains and then cold as hell the next night/morning it's pretty common.

Comment

Sounds like moisture is getting inside. Check that the door seals tight. Maybe place one of the silicate packets that you get in some items inside around the battery panel. I haven't tried it but it might work.

Comment

It's weird, I have one property where all my cameras fog up for the first 30 minutes almost every morning. Another place near by and I never have that problem.

Comment

It’s normal in high moisture areas, when sun comes up it’ll dry up.

Maybe a enclosed cover around camera might help

Comment

I bought some of this the other day: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put it on the inside and outside of the plastic window in the door that covers the lens of a new Covert I put out. I left my other Covert untreated. Here's the results. Pics taken about 1/4 mile apart at about the same time this morning.

Treated....

Untreated....

I'll be treating my other camera next trip to the lease.

Comment

Working...
              X