Amway or such pyramids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amway or such pyramids

I thought these money making schemes were a thing of the past. I received a couple of phone calls from a former coworker, by former like 20 plus yrs ago.

Anyhow I thought something had happened to her brother who is also an LEO. Long story short she went into the spill of all the money they were making with this super company.

She put some head hauncho guy on the phone to kinda give me the run down yaddy yadda doo doo. He would not give me the name of the "company" and I advised him it sounded like Amway to which he responded "Oh no Roy this is not Amway. You make and save thousands by merely buying what you buy now. Groceries, gas, etc. You are not having to purchase anything from the Company to make money".

I am a firm believer you purchase what you need and use and you get very little monetary if any when doing such. An exception is credit cards, airline miles and those sorts.

I almost lost a lifelong friend due to Amway as he kept pushing it on too me many yrs ago. He finally bottomed out, didn't make squat and realized his biggest customer was his grandma who felt obligated to buy their stupid stuff.

I guess the get rich schemes are still there. Surprised at the people who take the bait on these things.

I have had one friend meet a juice quota and he was given several allowances for cars and various things. I did usana and was making about 400/month pretty quickly, until I had some rough financial times and couldn’t purchase the vitamins. I use to sell cars with the guy who got me in it. He owned a nice house compared to the apartment he once lived in. I tried to get back into it and bought the vitamins like I normally take. I dont have the zeal to sell anymore. If you are looking to make extra money its pretty easy to do with an amazon store. My guess is you can make money doing just about anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

BitCoin comes to mind

Comment

It seems to have tapered off, a few years ago I was constantly getting the hard sell from brothers and sister in law for vitamins,laundry soap and various snake oils. They really don't like it now when I tell them I'm ready to buy in when I see them at the holidays, I ask why they are not doing this huge, successful business any longer. I guess they are just humble about their fortunes.

Comment

When I did it I wasn’t a hard seller, it was something I did casually not forcefully. It took me 6 or 9 months to get to a point of making 400 bucks a months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We used to call it "scamway"...lol.

Comment

I have some family that do plexus. Wife had to unfriend all of them on social media. Literally every positive life event is due to plexus. One of them does have a Plexus Lexus though so I guess they're doing something right.

Comment

Team National....my baby brother bought into their BS. Told me he was saving thousands....and stood to make action off of it. I said tell me about in two years. That was a year ago....haven't heard a peep.

Comment

Team national for sure. My brother is doing it and tried to get me to do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                    I thought these money making schemes were a thing of the past. I received a couple of phone calls from a former coworker, by former like 20 plus yrs ago.

Anyhow I thought something had happened to her brother who is also an LEO. Long story short she went into the spill of all the money they were making with this super company.

She put some head hauncho guy on the phone to kinda give me the run down yaddy yadda doo doo. He would not give me the name of the "company" and I advised him it sounded like Amway to which he responded "Oh no Roy this is not Amway. You make and save thousands by merely buying what you buy now. Groceries, gas, etc. You are not having to purchase anything from the Company to make money".

I am a firm believer you purchase what you need and use and you get very little monetary if any when doing such. An exception is credit cards, airline miles and those sorts.

I almost lost a lifelong friend due to Amway as he kept pushing it on too me many yrs ago. He finally bottomed out, didn't make squat and realized his biggest customer was his grandma who felt obligated to buy their stupid stuff.

I guess the get rich schemes are still there. Surprised at the people who take the bait on these things.
                    This sounds like team national, most people don't make millions at it but I have a close friend I grew up with that is absolutely killing it (he may have been the "head honcho" on your call). Several others I know that he brought in are making 6 figures and have been for several years, not my cup of tea but I'm not knocking it, have witnessed people making serious coin.

Comment

In 2017, 87.85% of all representatives received no income at all and of all representatives the average earnings were $602.31.

92.8 Percent of people averaged $549 per year with a high of $5,435 earned for the year. These numbers do not include any expenses.

It seems that almost no one is making any profit after they have purchased their $795 membership.

In my opinion, Team National is a very poor opportunity to make money.

You do not have to purchase a membership to become an Independent Marketing Director (IMD) and participate in the Team National earnings program. But, how will you be able to sell it to others if you do not own one?

Comment

I've seen and heard of a bunch of them, and even thought a few looked promising, but I was always too busy building my own company to help build somebody else's. The multi-level marketing companies that work have great products. The ones without good products don't. Say what you want about Amway, but they've been around for 70 years and do $8.8B in revenue. Another very successful one is Advo-Care. 26 years and $400MM in revenue. A very good friend of mine makes a few hundred thousand a year slinging those AdvoCare vitamins and supplements. I think they're all tough to make money in, but not all MLM companies are created equally.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I've seen and heard of a bunch of them, and even thought a few looked promising, but I was always too busy building my own company to help build somebody else's. The multi-level marketing companies that work have great products. The ones without good products don't. Say what you want about Amway, but they've been around for 70 years and do $8.8B in revenue. Another very successful one is Advo-Care. 26 years and $400MM in revenue. A very good friend of mine makes a few hundred thousand a year slinging those AdvoCare vitamins and supplements. I think they're all tough to make money in, but not all MLM companies are created equally.
                          I thought Amway as well as many others were deemed pyramid scheme or ponzi and illegal in the in the United States? Am I wrong or has something changed??

Comment

I got suckered into Quickstar when I was in college...dumb idea.

Comment

Team all outdoors for me. Had a few people try to get me into it. I had absolutely zero interest in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X