Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Its a crap job...butt someones gotta do it
    Finishes chopping fresh laid oak wood slats - builds log cabin fire wood stack - Eagle Scout grade - takes seat by warm fire and looks at stars. Proceeds to put marshmallow on stick. Roasts mallo, savors warm melty goodness. Puts phone on stick. Roasts phone..

Comment

I still get to take care of our son so it’s important that I can control my schedule. Spoke with HEB yesterday, and by the way, they are a great company to people like our son, he is lined up for three days a week from 9-12. Hopefully he can add hours if we can get his meds adjusted to where he can focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        I still get to take care of our son so it’s important that I can control my schedule. Spoke with HEB yesterday, and by the way, they are a great company to people like our son, he is lined up for three days a week from 9-12. Hopefully he can add hours if we can get his meds adjusted to where he can focus.
        I wish we had HEB's in Dallas. I'd love for my son to work there.

Comment

Dang I’m surprised they don’t. I thought they were all over Texas. Like I said they are the best to folks like our son. When he developed schizophrenia they told me “Bruce, we’ll never fire Caleb. Keep him home till he’s well and bring him back to work”. Like to brought tears to my eyes. That made leaving 35 acres at the base of the Wet Mountains in Colorado a little easier. Not much, but a little. Being in Texas and near an HEB is what’s best for Caleb.
          I want to go back to work and generate more income to where I can buy some land or find a nice lease that I know Caleb will be safe on should something happen to me. A place where he will be accepted as the wonderful young man that he is. I’m sure you feel the same way about your child my friend. Let me know if I can help some way.

Comment

My grandfather drives cars for the car dealership in Palestine. If they need a car from another dealership they send him with a car and he drops it off and picks up another. He did that to get him out of the house and make a little spending money.
            This year he finally retired from that at the age of 89. He was really hoping to make it to 90 still working but he missed an exit he has taken for years and that is when he decided to hang it up and sit back.

Comment

Hope he makes it to 100!

Comment

Just keep in mind that as your income increases the government wants a bigger cut. Between RMD’s and social security I get killed. Not much of an incentive to make more to share with those that are not motivated to make their own.

Comment

Gotcha. I can make a little over $18000 before they reduce my check.

Comment

I’m still a few years away from retirement. But when I do I’ll go back to doing some gunsmith work.

I kept my lathe & bluing tanks, as well as the equipment for paint on finishes. I had a custom firearm business when I lived in AZ so it’ll be a good fit for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Me and the missus are going into the iron and steal bidniss. She's gonna stay home and iron and I'm gonna steal!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
                        Me and the missus are going into the iron and steal bidniss. She's gonna stay home and iron and I'm gonna steal!!

I like the way you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Requires an investment, but good money in Stump grinding or putting in mobile home pads.

Comment

Something about east Texas and stealing that scares the blank outta me!

Comment

There’s a lot of retired folks that shuttle us train crews around all over the state, I think they start off around $10 an hour and you set your own schedule they’re always looking for drivers especially ones who can pass a drug test and haven’t murdered anyone. Rail crew express is the company we use in Houston but also check hallcon, pti & renzenberger.

Comment

I do programming for television stations, in
                                Las Vegas, and Sacramento.....
                                From my couch...…LOL...…………...
                                And those fools, send me money every month...…
                                If they ever figure out, how I do it...…..
                                I'll go into witness protection...……..

Comment

Working...
                                X