Awesome annual experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome annual experience

My father in law owns a Christmas tree farm and donates a ton of trees and money to the troops as well as discounts for veterans and service members. Such a cool trip up there every year. I spent 12 days up there this time working the tree farm, and a bit of hunting also. This is my third year that he puts me in front of the camera. He is the on that looks like Santa Claus running with a stolen tree.

Going to pick out a fresh Christmas tree is a huge tradition for many families. One local tree farm has a tradition of its own: giving back to the troops. It's been a tradition at the Whitehouse Christmas Tree Farm for nearly three decades that says "thank you for your service" in a festive way. For the Wheeler family, owners of the farm, the holiday season is always a busy one. But that doesn't stop them from keeping those fighting for our freedom at the forefront of their minds.

nice...............

Comment

Well done and thank you for supporting our service men and women. How do you keep the deer off off the trees. I planted 20 Italian Cypress only the find the deer destroyed all but 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
        Well done and thank you for supporting our service men and women. How do you keep the deer off off the trees. I planted 20 Italian Cypress only the find the deer destroyed all but 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Great question that I have no answer to. I have a feeling that deer don't eat these evergreens. He has around 60,000 trees, 10 or so different species, and only sells to folks who come walk the farm. We sold over 1,400 trees Friday thru Sunday after Thanksgiving, 630 that Friday.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Good work Barrett.

Comment

Good work Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will admit growing up I had a vastly different idea of what it meant to support our troops. But after spending time with Duke my mindset changed quickly. The man does everything he can to give back to the military. President Bush accepted a tree from him years ago that went into his Presidential library and this year he is working on getting one in the Pentagon.
                He has a sign at the entrance of the farm "We sell Christmas trees, not holiday trees".

Comment

Working...
                X