Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for the dog! Good luck!

Comment

Yeah dog would be the best bet. Good luck.

Comment

Fingers crossed. Would get a dog as mentioned. You put in the work for him, dont stop now.

Comment

Update?

Comment

you need to call Michael Moore at 254-485-7941 (if you are in Young Cnty) immediately before this rain sets in for 2 days. If the deer is down (dead or not) his dog will find it
            Last edited by Codie; 11-20-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Good luck on the recovery! Any pics of the arrow?

Comment

Good luck!! hope you find him

Comment

I sat again last night and this morning mostly listening for coyotes, crows Hawks, buzzards anything and nothing. I have covered then area several times and no sign anywheres. Visited the three tanks in the area and no sign. I knew my shot was high but now thinking the buck ducked and I hit even higher than I originally thought. What's so puzzling is the arrow had red blood from one end to the other and the broad head was bent like it definitely hit bone. I found the arrow off to the left about 10 feet from where I shot him so I'm thinking I hit the artery along the vertabre that accounted for the blood and the broad head hit the bottom of the vertebrae and ricocheted off to the left. I hope if the artery was severed it wasn't bad enough to kill him. I'm hoping he is still alive and will show up in a few days but I will keep looking for buzzards or some kind of signs.

Comment

In! hope you find him

Comment

Here is a pic of the arrow. Posting for brokeno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get it done!!

Comment

39th set and it almost happened

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          What's so puzzling is the arrow had red I found the arrow off to the left about 10 feet from where I shot him so I'm thinking I hit the artery along the vertabre that accounted for the blood and the broad head hit the bottom of the vertebrae and ricocheted off to the left. I hope if the artery was severed it wasn't bad enough to kill him. .
                          I can tell you that artery down the spine was not “severed.” First deer I killed with a bow I did that to. When he ran off with every heartbeat it looked he had a spray bottle squirting blood out each side. He was running into the sunrise after daybreak. It was very visual. He did make it about 75-100 yards before he piled up.

Good luck! I hope you find him dead or alive on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Roscoe; 11-20-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

That deer is not dead.

Comment

Why wouldn't you bring in a tracking dog?
                              After all that you finally get a shot and don't recover him.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X