• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150 inches of horn???lol

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
      150 inches of horn???lol

Absolutely, light was bad for the video. You can’t see his antlers vey well. This is a pic of him in July .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

old deer.

Comment

Definitely 7+

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            That would make sense. What area are y’all in?
            A little South of San Angelo.

Comment

Unless your pumping the feedlot full everyday I say that deer is 5-7 years old. Beautiful deer nonetheless

Comment

Looks 3.5 to me

Comment

I'm not very good at aging but He looks young to me from the shape of his head. JMO

Comment

I'm going with the older than dirt crowd. We had a deer on our place about 5 years ago that looked very similar. Small skinny didn't move that well. Was a 145" 12pt. There was big debate on age among the group. Half said he will be 160" deer in a year or 2 the others said ancient. We finally got some pics and history from the previous lease holders. Ancient he was and made a very nice mount for one of our hunters.

Have you talked to previous lease holders? That might help resolve the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                      I'm going with the older than dirt crowd. We had a deer on our place about 5 years ago that looked very similar. Small skinny didn't move that well. Was a 145" 12pt. There was big debate on age among the group. Half said he will be 160" deer in a year or 2 the others said ancient. We finally got some pics and history from the previous lease holders. Ancient he was and made a very nice mount for one of our hunters.

Have you talked to previous lease holders? That might help resolve the debate.
                      I have posted 3 or 4 threads over the years with a deer that did exactly the same thing. Half the forum called them 3 or 4 year olds when they were known 9 plus. I would have never guessed them right either without years of history. Always fun to do but now everyone is onto me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Young and a good cull. Take him..............
                        CULL? I wish I had culls that looked like that

Comment

I got a lot more video of him last weekend. I watched him for about a half hour. I think he is an exceptional young deer. Very excited to see what he can do in the next year or two.

Comment

Comment

Comment

We hunt in Schleicher County. Over the years we just have some deer that don't put on weight and their body looks just like this one from year to year and never really changes... they look 3 every year. They are impossible to get much of an age range on unless we have history.

I really doubt this deer is 3 years old.
                                Last edited by Miller; 11-21-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X