No announcement yet.

Metal Building/Shop Gurus: Girt Spacing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Draco’s response. You’ll be just fine.

But to answer your question, yes, you have one wall girt and the top is an eave strut to attach top of wall and eave of roof.
    Last edited by Ironman; 10-25-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Read Draco’s response. You’ll be just fine.

But to answer your question, yes, you have one wall girt and the top is an eave strut to attach top of wall and eave of roof.
      I’m not asking if it’s going to blow over tomorrow as much as I’m asking is this the current industry standard for a welded 30x40? I’ve had a ton of issues with the contractor and making sure this is correct. The 3 other contractors that came to fix his work all said they put a girt at 4’ also. Just looking to see if this is the industry standard this day and age.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        I’m not asking if it’s going to blow over tomorrow as much as I’m asking is this the current industry standard for a welded 30x40? I’ve had a ton of issues with the contractor and making sure this is correct. The 3 other contractors that came to fix his work all said they put a girt at 4’ also. Just looking to see if this is the industry standard this day and age.
        Thanks.
        Yes it is, ALTHOUGH, the end walls normally would have 2 girts, especially in a 4:12 pitch roof.

Comment

Working...
        X