Slowing life down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowing life down

My life feels like it has been go go go lately with all the projects I have right now. Without trying, Nolan has helped me pause. Today I was driving home from getting a haircut with him and he took a nap, which is unusual for a few reasons. Usually he naps around 1 pm, and usually he can't sleep in his car seat.

But here I am, sitting outside a smoothie king in the parking lot, listening to good country music playing over the pattern of rain falling on the roof of my pickup. Just relaxing.

Kids are such a blessing, and helping us when we don't know we need it.

Yall enjoy your Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I have five kids. Enjoy the quiet times.

Comment

That boy will need that "tractor" and "gator"!! when he wakes up!!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Enjoy it while ya can...Kenny just finished up his masters, got his first gig & moving outta town.

Seems like yesterday I was wiping his nose.

Comment

Goes by way too fast Enjoy it while you can

Comment

Amen brother!

Comment

Enjoy the next 20 years
                It’s gonna be a blur and definitely gonna be the best!

My advice is watch your words, actions and attitude every minute
                That is how he is gonna remember you and try to emulate.
                I was not a good role model when I got home form work tired and out of patience

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Enjoy the next 20 years

Good advice. I am trying my best, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    That boy will need that "tractor" and "gator"!! when he wakes up!!
                    I agree sir!

For now, he simply wants more cheerios

Comment

Good stuff. I 'slowed down' a bit ago. Simplified my life and such. Prolly costs me a lil money, but it was worth my kids getting to do the things they needed/wanted. Now the only thing you didn't state is what you think 'good country music' is?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Enjoy the next 20 years

Good words^^^
                        I was a mess when mine were young but straightened it out when they were teenagers. It's never too late but it's definitely better to start out in the right way. Mine have told me many times that they love how much I changed and appreciate having me for a father. Nothing better for a father to hear from his children. I wish it was their entire life but I'm not dwelling in the past. I thank God for my new self.
                        My wife said my oldest one told her the other day, "You know dad never cusses anymore". Its the little things...lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          Good stuff. I 'slowed down' a bit ago. Simplified my life and such. Prolly costs me a lil money, but it was worth my kids getting to do the things they needed/wanted. Now the only thing you didn't state is what you think 'good country music' is?
                          Just about anything on 95.9

Comment

Working...
                          X