Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesquite /cedar loppers

Any body ever tried these?

I am tired of squatting down to trimmer small mesquites.

Thanks.

Interesting
    Just might have to give them a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. Never seen those before. If you pull the trigger on a pair, please update the thread with your review.

Comment

I have tried them and we actually made our own for all the small cedars that we have around our place. In all honesty, they dont work very well. There is not enough force on the lopper head to cut anything over 1/4 inch diameter trees. You almost have to use the lopper, then twist the handle to get the blades to cut. The "L" shape of the lopper head does not provide enough torque to cut through the small trees.

If you could somehow add a spring to make it spring loaded, it might work better, but in my opinion, it is a waste of money.

Comment

I want a battery operated lopper.

Comment

We try to cut everything about 12” above the ground and square so it is not as prone to puncture a tire if you run over it.

Comment

I talked to these guys at the Safari Club show in Houston. I wish I would've just bought them then, but I plan on buying some this summer when it comes time to trim up feed pens.

Comment

I have a million tiny mesquites. Less than pencil sized. I cut them
                with regular loppers, then spray with diesel and remedy.

I feel like I can double my speed if I these will work.

Thanks for the feedback. I will let you know if I buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  I have a million tiny mesquites. Less than pencil sized. I cut them
                  with regular loppers, then spray with diesel and remedy.

I feel like I can double my speed if I these will work.

Thanks for the feedback. I will let you know if I buy them.
                  If they are that small I would get one of those brush cutting blades for a weed eater.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    If they are that small I would get one of those brush cutting blades for a weed eater.

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-Chai...t-items&sr=1-2
                    My neighbor put a skill saw blade on his weed eater and I've cut 4" trees with it and it worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-Chai...t-items&sr=1-2
                      Thanks. Did that too. Works great. EspeciAlly with one person cutting and the other person spraying with One gallon pump sprayer.

Comment

If those handles are fiberglass, they will be useless as tits on a boar hog! The straight loppers with the fiberglass handles are, and the angled heads defeats any mechanical advantage of how long they are... just makes 'em more springy and prone to breaking.

Comment

Get a big Stihl weed whacker with a brush blade.. I just cleared a half mile of very brushed in fence line in less than a week using it and a cheap electric pole saw from Harbor Freight.

Comment

I have a brush blade for a weed eater that looks like it's wrapped with a chainsaw chain.

Comment

I use this
                              Fiskars 5' Pruning Stik Tree Pruner

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X