Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2022, 11:17 PM   #1
100%TtId
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default Stars vs Flames

Who's watching playoff hockey?

Otter has been a brick wall except for tonight's game.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #2
yaqui
Ten Point
 
yaqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Eastland Co.
Default

Brick wall had no offensive help last night.
yaqui is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 09:40 AM   #3
drewwland
Eight Point
 
drewwland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pilot Point, TX
Hunt In: BRADY, NORMANGEE, FT.DAVIS, PILOT POINT
Default

Otter ain't the problem
drewwland is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 10:37 AM   #4
recar
Ten Point
 
recar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lantana
Default

Season ticket holder... This series is a mirrior image of our season. Some days we look like a stanley cup team and some days we look like a steaming pile. Not enough focus on special teams. We are 1 for 20 on power plays in this series so far. That is not winning hockey. Otter has been a beast!!! Its time for new coaching staff. Bowness is a great guy but he is old scholl hockey and it does not translate to modern day hockey.
recar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 11:45 AM   #5
TxSon1836
Ten Point
 
TxSon1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public
Default

I really feel like if we win this series and make a run Bowness gets a new contract and NOBODY wants that. I'm torn between wanting my team to advance and make a run and wanting them to fail so HC gets canned. He should've been gone pre bubble but their run solidified his job for a couple more years. Beating Calgary will reset that clock I feel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 12:34 PM   #6
Loneaggie
Pope & Young
 
Loneaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington
Hunt In: Gonzales County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSon1836 View Post
I really feel like if we win this series and make a run Bowness gets a new contract and NOBODY wants that. I'm torn between wanting my team to advance and make a run and wanting them to fail so HC gets canned. He should've been gone pre bubble but their run solidified his job for a couple more years. Beating Calgary will reset that clock I feel.
I don't think you're alone in that sentiment. The hockey they are playing is just not great, to me it feels like a bunch of skill without any good coaching to make them the powerhouse they could be with the skill they have. As of last night its a new series, I guess we'll see which Stars team shows up next game.
Loneaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 01:00 PM   #7
quackerback
Pope & Young
 
quackerback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: alma,tx
Hunt In: Honey Island
Default

I think Bowness is gone regardless of what happens. He was almost fired early this year. I believe he retires at the end of this year.
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 01:07 PM   #8
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Bowness was never the guy, should never have outlasted the "interim" tag, and should be gone regardless of what happens in the next week.


The total and utter ineptitude on the power play for the last month and a half is one of the more dumbfounding things I've ever seen in any sport. How someone hasn't been fired already is mind boggling. They've managed to take the most obvious advantage in all of sports, and turn it into a complete detriment.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 01:17 PM   #9
100%TtId
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Can't give up a 5 on 3 PP going the other direction and expect to advance in the playoffs either. Next match on CGY's ice will be tough.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #10
Young gun 12
Eight Point
 
Young gun 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Oak Point
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I went last night. When they called Bowness at the beginning when introducing the team half the stadium boo'd. They got out played last night, all there is to it.
Young gun 12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #11
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

I've been an admitted fair weather fan since moving from DFW 18 years ago. They get zero coverage outside of the metroplex. I'm on board for the playoffs. Worst power play I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #12
Bullseye07
Pope & Young
 
Bullseye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Celina
Hunt In: Leon/Freestone Cos
Default

Saturday night was my first ever Stars game and we had an absolute blast. On the second row.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 02:25 PM   #13
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Saturday night was my first ever Stars game and we had an absolute blast. On the second row.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate you.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 02:28 PM   #14
Bullseye07
Pope & Young
 
Bullseye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Celina
Hunt In: Leon/Freestone Cos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I hate you.

Donít hate me too much. We didnít stay down there the entire game. We spent a good amount of time in our suite too.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 02:28 PM   #15
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

I went to the Stars/Kracken game recently. It was a lot of fun. Although, it was probably the least physical hockey game I have ever attended.

But, those gals shoveling that ice sure know their business!
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 03:00 PM   #16
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
I went to the Stars/Kracken game recently. It was a lot of fun. Although, it was probably the least physical hockey game I have ever attended.

But, those gals shoveling that ice sure know their business!
The game is changing that way, but the Stars and Kracken are 2 not so physical teams currently.

Them girls are a treat to watch work.


I think I was at that game.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 03:42 PM   #17
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

This series has been pretty physical.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #18
TxSon1836
Ten Point
 
TxSon1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
I went to the Stars/Kracken game recently. It was a lot of fun. Although, it was probably the least physical hockey game I have ever attended.

But, those gals shoveling that ice sure know their business!

The game has definitely gotten less physical over the last ten years. It fortunately does ramp up a lot in the playoffs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 04:47 PM   #19
100%TtId
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Donít hate me too much. We didnít stay down there the entire game. We spent a good amount of time in our suite too.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now we all hate you.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #20
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
The game is changing that way, but the Stars and Kracken are 2 not so physical teams currently.

Them girls are a treat to watch work.


I think I was at that game.
We ate at the Rodeo Goat before we went. Great burgers.

Those arena seats are tight.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #21
SharpEnd
Eight Point
 
SharpEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Saturday night was my first ever Stars game and we had an absolute blast. On the second row.

Nice. Quite a way to go to your first game.
SharpEnd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 08:07 PM   #22
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Donít hate me too much. We didnít stay down there the entire game. We spent a good amount of time in our suite too.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had seats on the glass and went to a suite, I really hate you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 09:44 PM   #23
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Physicality is still missing from the club. When other clubs run the little Stars, the Stars get rolled up and hit the ice. With a few exceptions, when the Stars try to line up an opponent and crush him, it’s usually the Dallas Star that winds up on the ice. (Jamie Benn being the exception).

Skill is there, somewhat. Grit - well…
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 10:00 PM   #24
wytex
Ten Point
 
wytex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Wyoming
Hunt In: Wyoming , Texas, Colorado, Nebraska
Default

Go Avs !
wytex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 07:36 AM   #25
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
(Jamie Benn being the exception).
And John Kingberg 😂😂
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 07:38 AM   #26
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
I think Bowness is gone regardless of what happens. He was almost fired early this year. I believe he retires at the end of this year.
My guess is Barry Trots will help your scenario play out.
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 07:47 AM   #27
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep View Post
And John Kingberg

Jim, is there something Iím missing about John Klingberg? That dude drives me insaneÖ Every time I watch him it stands out to me how bad he sucks. The local hockey gurus still seem to think heís a well above average defensemanÖ I just donít see it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:13 AM   #28
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Jim, is there something Iím missing about John Klingberg? That dude drives me insaneÖ Every time I watch him it stands out to me how bad he sucks. The local hockey gurus still seem to think heís a well above average defensemanÖ I just donít see it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heís willing to get beat up by M. Tkachuck (sp?)
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:22 AM   #29
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Jim, is there something Iím missing about John Klingberg? That dude drives me insaneÖ Every time I watch him it stands out to me how bad he sucks. The local hockey gurus still seem to think heís a well above average defensemanÖ I just donít see it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was joking about the fighting, while heís trying at that heís not doing well.

As for his defense, Iím with you. From a goalies point of view, Iíd trade him for a roll of tape. The turnovers are always at the worst time and at the worse place. They donít even seem to be because he lost a battle rather he just mishandles the puck while dangling or makes bad passes.
He has the worst +/- on the team. The people that like him like his offense and there is value in that but at what cost? Not at a -28 in my opinion.
Heís been with Ruff, Hitchcock and Bowness and none have gotten him to accept more defensive responsibility so Iím not sure anyone can.
I feel like we should have traded him at the deadline but understand how that would look to the rest of the team and why we couldnít.
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #30
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Can you explain how ANY power play can be as bad as the Stars has been for 2 months?

I can't imagine how something hasn't been done about that. I mean if you took the 2nd PP line for the worst team in hockey, they would dominate what the Stars are running out there now...it's unfathomable.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #31
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
Heís willing to get beat up by M. Tkachuck (sp?)
Pretty sure he trying to get Tkachuck out of the series by injuring him. I think Klingberg is trying to injure Tkachuckís hand with his face.😂

All that said, I just wish heíd be more responsible defensively (a lot more) than I would say keep him but the turnovers and bad timing when he jump up on a rush need to get better. Seems like a great lockeroom guy.
Another answer may be a different D partner, but what do I know greater hockey minds seem to like him.
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:39 AM   #32
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Can you explain how ANY power play can be as bad as the Stars has been for 2 months?

I can't imagine how something hasn't been done about that. I mean if you took the 2nd PP line for the worst team in hockey, they would dominate what the Stars are running out there now...it's unfathomable.
Unless I’m misremembering, that has always seemed to be a Stars issue. It will remedy itself for a bit, maybe even a year, but then reverts back.
One of these O minded tbh’rs may be able to speak to that. I just wonder if the focus on D and D-type people doesn’t give them the talent for an explosive pp.
Look at the top pp units around the league, are those guys in the game when a shut down game is needed? (Asking seriously as I don’t know)
Kane, Crosby, McKinnon, mcdavid, Gaudreau, kaprizov, Matthew’s are those guys out there for the pk?
Just seems some are built for O and some for D and teams gravitate one way or the other. (Klingberg seems O minded) I think you see train wreck seasons when you have a team that is 50/50 the. They have no true identity.
O minded hockey doesnt historically do well in the playoffs so I tend to always lean towards wanting D minded people.
Just my take on it.
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 11:46 AM   #33
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep View Post
Unless Iím misremembering, that has always seemed to be a Stars issue. It will remedy itself for a bit, maybe even a year, but then reverts back.
One of these O minded tbhírs may be able to speak to that. I just wonder if the focus on D and D-type people doesnít give them the talent for an explosive pp.
Look at the top pp units around the league, are those guys in the game when a shut down game is needed? (Asking seriously as I donít know)
Kane, Crosby, McKinnon, mcdavid, Gaudreau, kaprizov, Matthewís are those guys out there for the pk?
Just seems some are built for O and some for D and teams gravitate one way or the other. (Klingberg seems O minded) I think you see train wreck seasons when you have a team that is 50/50 the. They have no true identity.
O minded hockey doesnt historically do well in the playoffs so I tend to always lean towards wanting D minded people.
Just my take on it.


Its not just lack of scoring, it's utter chaos. They can't enter the zone, they never seem to get set up in the zone, and they will give up more shots on the PP than they take some times. It's is the most infuriating thing I've ever seen....I dread them going on the PP because they are actually worse with a man advantage.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #34
SharpEnd
Eight Point
 
SharpEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep View Post
I was joking about the fighting, while heís trying at that heís not doing well.

As for his defense, Iím with you. From a goalies point of view, Iíd trade him for a roll of tape. The turnovers are always at the worst time and at the worse place. They donít even seem to be because he lost a battle rather he just mishandles the puck while dangling or makes bad passes.
He has the worst +/- on the team. The people that like him like his offense and there is value in that but at what cost? Not at a -28 in my opinion.
Heís been with Ruff, Hitchcock and Bowness and none have gotten him to accept more defensive responsibility so Iím not sure anyone can.
I feel like we should have traded him at the deadline but understand how that would look to the rest of the team and why we couldnít.
Yep, I've been saying the same about trading him. He's a DINO - defenseman in name only. Should have been a winger. Gets caught up-ice way too often, really not much help on the defensive side, and ends up costing the Stars more than he produces.
SharpEnd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #35
quackerback
Pope & Young
 
quackerback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: alma,tx
Hunt In: Honey Island
Default

I am torn on the Trotz potential hire. He is a really good coach. I don’t know if he will be the right coach though. The Stars are going to have to play some youth and most coaches won’t do that. The problem with the PP from my point of view is nobody wants to shoot or shoot for a pass instead of tryin to score. They all want to wait for the perfect shot. The leafs won last night on a shot for a pass. Marner made a perfect shot off the goalies pads right to Mathew’s. I don’t think the Stars have a lot of high IQ players other than Robertson and Pavelski.
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #36
100%TtId
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Pitter patter, let's get at 'er Stars!
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 08:50 PM   #37
tdwinklr
Ten Point
 
tdwinklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leonard, TX
Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Its not just lack of scoring, it's utter chaos. They can't enter the zone, they never seem to get set up in the zone, and they will give up more shots on the PP than they take some times. It's is the most infuriating thing I've ever seen....I dread them going on the PP because they are actually worse with a man advantage.



This is very true. Goaltender has to stand on his head every night to even have the slightest chance of winning.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 08:50 PM   #38
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Hope the boys are not ready to go home.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 09:27 PM   #39
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Klingberg just about messed up. Jeez.

So far, so good tonight.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 09:52 PM   #40
SharpEnd
Eight Point
 
SharpEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE TX
Default

So far so good. Fingers crossed.
SharpEnd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 09:59 PM   #41
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

ugh.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #42
SharpEnd
Eight Point
 
SharpEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE TX
Default

ugh
SharpEnd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #43
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

double ugh
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 10:18 PM   #44
SharpEnd
Eight Point
 
SharpEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE TX
Default

Back in it.
SharpEnd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #45
100%TtId
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

On to game 7
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 11:37 PM   #46
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

There is no room for Klingberg on my hockey team. Glad to get the W, but that guy is worthless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2022, 11:56 PM   #47
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
There is no room for Klingberg on my hockey team. Glad to get the W, but that guy is worthless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Canít believe how many turnovers he made from bad no-look passes. Not to mention jumping up at bad times. He was tied up in the corner at the flames goal line and Pavs had to cover for him.
Donít care if he thinks heís the f1 or f2 on the puck, a D should be neither on a forecheck.
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2022, 12:01 AM   #48
keep
Pope & Young
 
keep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Default

For the DFW folks that enjoy the JRs, the Lone Star Brahamas are playing game 5 of a 5 game series in North Richland Hills at 2pm on Sunday. The winner moves on to the final 4 of the Robertson Cup.
General Admin tickets are $5 on the glass is only $25. Not a bad seat in the place for some fun hockey.
All the boys are between 16-20 yrs old
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2022, 09:24 AM   #49
SharpEnd
Eight Point
 
SharpEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep View Post
Canít believe how many turnovers he made from bad no-look passes. Not to mention jumping up at bad times. He was tied up in the corner at the flames goal line and Pavs had to cover for him.
Donít care if he thinks heís the f1 or f2 on the puck, a D should be neither on a forecheck.
As a former defenseman, this is what drives me crazy about his playing.
SharpEnd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #50
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep View Post
For the DFW folks that enjoy the JRs, the Lone Star Brahamas are playing game 5 of a 5 game series in North Richland Hills at 2pm on Sunday. The winner moves on to the final 4 of the Robertson Cup.
General Admin tickets are $5 on the glass is only $25. Not a bad seat in the place for some fun hockey.
All the boys are between 16-20 yrs old
There’s a good chance I go to this. I didn’t know the Brahma’s had an NAHL club. This is great hockey. We used to go all the time when the Texas Tornado played at NyTex. Very skilled players trapped in the bodies of 16 - 20 year olds. Emotions are hard to contain at that age group. Leads to some very entertaining games. Saw young Ben Bishop there as a member of the Tornado. Good times.

Meanwhile, the Game 7 NHL Playoff Hockey ice cream headache begins to build in my head. Can’t wait for tomorrow night.

Last edited by mikemorvan; 05-14-2022 at 09:45 AM.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com