Speaking of Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Tundra

I have a 2017 Double Cab, neither the sales people told me nor did I ask when I bought it that it didn't come with the Toyota Navigation System "Entune"...

I'm wondering if they're updated their software to allow for my model to have a navigation system or not? does anyone know how I can upgrade my truck's navigation at the minimum cost? and without changing the system or paying a subscription?

Thanks!

Mine didn't come with it either. I just use my Iphone plugged in for Apple Car Play and utilize the phone's navigation and GPS

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Mine didn't come with it either. I just use my Iphone plugged in for Apple Car Play and utilize the phone's navigation and GPS
      but mine doesn't sync with my iPhone either. You have a 2020 I think so the software is more updated than mine. I'm wondering if Toyota allowed for earlier models have this feature as well?

Comment

Sorry, let me add some more info..... Toyota did away with "Entune" and have allowed owners to use their phones.... I need to know if they've allowed for earlier model Tundras to have this feature with a software upgrade or not?!

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
          I have a 2017 Double Cab, neither the sales people told me nor did I ask when I bought it that it didn't come with the Toyota Navigation System "Entune"...

I'm wondering if they're updated their software to allow for my model to have a navigation system or not? does anyone know how I can upgrade my truck's navigation at the minimum cost? and without changing the system or paying a subscription?

Thanks!
          You can't upgrade just the software. You have to change out the head unit. There's a youtube video to determine if you have the cables for the GPS part of the unit you upgrade too. I upgraded mine really easy. Bought the headunit off a guy on marketplace for $200.00 and Bam, I had navigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
            You can't upgrade just the software. You have to change out the head unit. There's a youtube video to determine if you have the cables for the GPS part of the unit you upgrade too. I upgraded mine really easy. Bought the headunit off a guy on marketplace for $200.00 and Bam, I had navigation.
            Dang! I was hoping not to see that response... but $200 isn't that bad. It's a lot more convenient to look at my trucks display than my phone when driving, specially in a city I'm not too familiar with.

By "Head Unit" what exactly do I need to look for?

Thanks!

Comment

but mine doesn't sync with my iPhone either. You have a 2020 I think so the software is more updated than mine. I'm wondering if Toyota allowed for earlier models have this feature as well?

Didn't realize the earlier Tundras didn't have that capability.

Comment

The head unit is the in-dash radio/cd/audio control portion. I have a 2013 tundra and i replaced head unit with a Pioneer model that had back up cameras and Apple carPlay capability so I just hook my phone up and it works great. I had this installed professionally because I didnt trust myself not to screw up! Youtube has plenty of options as always, I just didnt want to chance it. Hopefully you find this helpful to at least give you a visual of what the head unit is and a basic replacement.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDOz6tVkP88"]Apple Carplay/ Android Install | Tundra 2007- 2013 & Sequoia 2008-2018 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The factory navigation is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Didn't realize the earlier Tundras didn't have that capability.
                    I guess I got lucky with my '14?? It has navigation and syncs

Comment

I guess I'll ask here...

If anyone upgraded & has a "Head Unit" with the navigation button and wants to sell it (of give it away ) Please let me know!

Comment

My 2017 was weird also. I downloaded Scout GPS to my phone then somehow linked it to what is in the system. It almost works pretty good. Scroll through your settings and see if there is something called Scout GPS. The phone is the navigation system, the way that I understand it. It is linked to the display via bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          I guess I got lucky with my '14?? It has navigation and syncs

I thought he was talking about Apple Car play..

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            My 2017 was weird also. I downloaded Scout GPS to my phone then somehow linked it to what is in the system. It almost works pretty good. Scroll through your settings and see if there is something called Scout GPS. The phone is the navigation system, the way that I understand it. It is linked to the display via bluetooth.
                            Scout Gps is the armpit of navigation
                            I had it and deleted it

Comment

Scout Gps is the armpit of navigation
                              I had it and deleted it
                              OK, but according to what I read on Tundra forums, it is the only option for a 2017 Tundra. It beat what I had, which was nothing. I seldom use it because I seldom go anywhere unfamiliar.

Comment

Working...
                              X