Hog with a 22 rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog with a 22 rifle

Has any one killed a hog with a 22 rifle I got a bow stand at 15 yards I seen Keith Warren shooting hogs a pellet gun I want to try Cc1 quiet for ammo
    The shot will be right below the ear

Was wondering has anyone one done it before

Many times

Comment

Shot a bunch!! Will do the job

Comment

I just want to do it one time to say I done it

Comment

Base of the ear with stingers. Lights out !!

Comment

Killed a couple with a 22 lr while hunting. Super close like you mentioned and in the ear hole. Hit the dirt like a ton of bricks.

Comment

We’ve shot probably in the hundreds with a 22lr. Smaller ones will drop with a shoulder shot most times.

Comment

I shoot all my trapped hogs with a .22 LR. Between the eyes or in or around the ear and they’re done. Wouldn’t be afraid to shoot one at a 100 yards with the same set up.

Comment

All the time

Comment

I have shot dozens of them with a 22 to the noggin. Granted all were in traps, and not in a hunting situation per se. Shot placement is paramount and a 22 to the right spot is good medicine.

Comment

OP says he's using the CCI Quiet ammo. This is a 40 grain hollowpoint at 710 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                        We’ve shot probably in the hundreds with a 22lr. Smaller ones will drop with a shoulder shot most times.
                        I've not killed hundreds but dozens for sure, with a .22LR.

Stalk creek bottoms, get close and plug them either in the ear or behind the shoulder.

Great fun, cheap and doesent stir a place up much.

Comment

I've shot a few with subsonic .22. Bigger ones, head shot, smaller ones, normal vitals.

Comment

You mean like these? That's all I use for the ones in the pen. Old Remington Nylon 66 with whatever ammo I have. One in the ear-hole and they are down.

Comment

I want to get one with a blow gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X