Calling all plumbers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all plumbers!!

Remodeling master bath and installing a floor mount tub faucet. Plumbers busted up the slab, moved the drain and water lines. They want to embed the water line connections in the cement !!!! Yip, if you want or need to replace the faucet, bust up the tile and slab!!
    Any suggestions how to solve this problem??

Here is a pic that shows how they wrapped the connections with the black tape to “protect” them from the cement????
    Attached Files

Comment

Not a plumber. Can you mount the tile on a piece of wood that could be removable?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep some extra tile….Murphy and all….

Comment

That’s where all my hard earned money is going……….to redo your master bath???

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Seriously, hope you get it all figured out. They busted up our slab to move the drain, but it was still in the floor, so they just backfilled the hole with dirt.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

looks by the book to me.

Comment

This is more like it. Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands and get-ER-done …. I formed a piece of thin wall PVC pie with heat, and poured high strength cement around it and into the bottom.
              It’s ready for tile.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah these things should of never been invented guy who started making them should be hung . Nothing but trouble!!

Comment

Can you extend the lines to bring the nuts up above grade so you can actually get a wrench on them?

Comment

That’s just way more headache than I think I would wanna take on.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      Can you extend the lines to bring the nuts up above grade so you can actually get a wrench on them?
                      That was the whole problem. The water lines with the faucet extended below the mounting bracket. They are to stir to push up into the stand tube.
                      I just could not swallow the idea to embed the fittings in the cement.

Comment

well that xhanges everything...the fittings were gonna be under cement?... ya..you saved a possible nightmare..i hate installing those things...had no idea the fittings were below concrete..ya know..cuz they were all taped up..lol

Comment

Working...
                        X