Destin Florida fishing guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destin Florida fishing guides?

Anybody have any recommendations for a good guide in the Destin area? Also willing to drive a few hours as well to get into some different areas to fish. Will be down with the family for 8 days and looking to take 2 different trips. Would mainly like to target snook and tarpon but open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

+18509740377 Matt

He had the best setup imo give him a ring

Comment

Appreciate it and will give him a call tomorrow.

Comment

surf pole in the evening can be real good there for Pompano, Red, Specs, Sheepshead and snook as well. I am headed down to Cape San Blas in a few weeks and will go for it from the beach.

Comment

Charter Boat Seahorse for offshore

Destin Inshore fishing charters for bay fishing.

Had good luck with both. Been on the seahorse twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Justin Hinote (850) 390-5462. Great guy and he can put you on a big variety of fish.

Comment

I just got back from a trip last week. We had a blast with Deadfish out of Grayson beach.

Comment

Patrick Tarpy at Slow and Low is one of the best guides ANYWHERE I have ever been with

If you are visiting the 30A, Panama City Beach or Destin area, make sure you experience Inshore Fishing Charters with Slow & Low Coastal Outfitters!

Comment

If you're wanting to catch tarpon you need to go a little further east.

Comment

I had a good experience with Seahorse as well.

Comment

Thanks for all the contacts guys will be making some phone calls.

Comment

Lee Chapin St. George Island

Comment

FWIW, I was stationed in that area for about 6 years. There are no snook to speak of there. Tarpon do migrate through during the summer. If you have your heart set on those species your best bet is to head further south (not in the panhandle).

Comment

Originally posted by usafeod509 View Post
                            FWIW, I was stationed in that area for about 6 years. There are no snook to speak of there. Tarpon do migrate through during the summer. If you have your heart set on those species your best bet is to head further south (not in the panhandle).
                            Appreciate the info. I definitely don't mind driving a couple hours to get into the area we would need to catch some. I've caught some snook here in Texas but nothing big. Would love to get into some big snook and a few tarpon.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Appreciate the info. I definitely don't mind driving a couple hours to get into the area we would need to catch some. I've caught some snook here in Texas but nothing big. Would love to get into some big snook and a few tarpon.
                              You will have to drive down to at least the Crystal river area for a higher probability on snook. I don't know what your idea of a big snook is, being born and raised in South FL, mine is at least 20#. Areas with consistent big snook are more than a two hour drive from Destin.

The further you go south down the west coast the more plentiful (minus red tide) snook become. On the east coast they are generally good from Titusville south.
                              Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X