Home water filtration system ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home water filtration system ?

My wife wants a whole home water filtration system in our new construction. I don't know anything about them. Anyone have one that they recommend?

Well, city, community well? In for response we are on well and could probably do with a filter

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
      Well, city, community well? In for response we are on well and could probably do with a filter

Well water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put an Aquasana on my house in Montgomery and it was perfect. The water did not taste bad or anything but every time they would clean the filters or whatever they did the water would look like ice tea for a day. This stopped it. Very easy to install and the replacement filters are pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

they are always going on sale so dont but right away. if you ask questions they will offer you a big discount to buy
        Last edited by Tom; 04-14-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I put an Aquasana on my house in Montgomery and it was perfect. The water did not taste bad or anything but every time they would clean the filters or whatever they did the water would look like ice tea for a day. This stopped it. Very easy to install and the replacement filters are pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

they are always going on sale so dont but right away. if you ask questions they will offer you a big discount to buy
          This one for $2,800 ?
          Aquasana’s whole house water filters provide healthy, great-tasting water from every tap in your home. Tested to reduce chlorine, lead and more - order today!

And what's a big discount?

Comment

I use Nations Pure. I’m very satisfied with their service.

Comment

I had a Big 20 in my last house but used a Culligan in my current house. The Culligan is clear and has a valve on top that lets you bypass to change the filter easily. It also a has a change filter indicator on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                This one for $2,800 ?

Aquasana’s whole house water filters provide healthy, great-tasting water from every tap in your home. Tested to reduce chlorine, lead and more - order today!

Originally posted by Tom View Post

That is the one I have been looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI, make sure the plumber runs all your outside faucets separately. I installed a shutoff that controls all mine so I dont have to worry about anything in the winter.

Comment

Another vote for aquasana. My builder recommended them during the construction of our home. We have terrible water out here in the country. The chlorine content is overbearing...I mean BAD. To the point a neighbor's child was actually burned while taking a bath. And the taste was overwhelming. We knew we had to do something.

We went with the 1M Gallon Rhino whole home system and added the UV filter and the Pro Grade install kit. The bypass loop makes changing out the filters a breeze. This was a no brainer for us...the difference in water taste is incredible.

Comment

So can these be used in place of a water softener? Or do you need both? We just had our well drilled and we were told "you need a water softener, nothing crazy like an expensive filtering systems, just a simple water softener". But I like the idea of a whole house filtration system

Comment

I have been thinking about one of these for my house.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          This one for $2,800 ?

negative. I did not need a water softener or a UV filter. I think mine was around $1200 and I installed it myself. made in Texas as well.

Log in...create an account, and they will have your email. They will abuse your inbox with discounts.
                          Last edited by Tom; 04-15-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                            FYI, make sure the plumber runs all your outside faucets separately. I installed a shutoff that controls all mine so I dont have to worry about anything in the winter.
                            +1

We love our Fusion XT water softener. I think I will help our house plumbing and appliances
                            Well water here is full of minerals. Community water is not the best either.
                            Last edited by Big pig; 04-15-2022, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X