Protein prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein prices

What are you feeding and what are you paying?

Pre Covid I fed a LOT of antlers plus in Mason. $10ish a bag. 20%.

Antlers plus now has been $13 in Sonora at Rafter W. This time they were out. They had record rack(not a fan) at $17! And Double Down at $15. Much to my dismay I bought double down. Curious to see what all options there are. But don’t want to skimp on quality.

Antlermax $18…..

Comment

Moore’s In Eldorado has 17% for $11 right now

I pay $12 for Antlers Plus in Del Rio

Comment

I feed Double Down. Haven’t bought it in a month but it was $15 something/bag, little cheaper by the pallet. First year feeding it and the deer really tear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I feed Double Down. Haven’t bought it in a month but it was $15 something/bag, little cheaper by the pallet. First year feeding it and the deer really tear it up.
          I paid $15 and some change for it last week.

Comment

15 dollars per 50lb bag in Goldthwaite. Bryant company. 600 per ton.

Comment

I quit asking and looking at the receipt so I don’t throw up.

Comment

Angelo pellets 20% was $14.90 @ Country Boys in Rocksprings last weekend.

Comment

Red chain 20% -$12.75
                  L&E 20%- $13

We have to catch a break. Wildlife wormer is $28/bag

Comment

If you’re looking for a way to save some $$$ check prices on calf starter. I was feeding that to my deer last year for $8.25 at Brown feed in Lampasas.

Comment

16.75 for double down in Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        If you’re looking for a way to save some $$$ check prices on calf starter. I was feeding that to my deer last year for $8.25 at Brown feed in Lampasas.
                        I feed some What Mr Browns calls stocker 16 for under 10 bucks a bag. 16% protein. I get that for my place in lampasas.
                        In Paige I am paying 370 a ton for bulk for pasture protein.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                          I feed some What Mr Browns calls stocker 16 for under 10 bucks a bag. 16% protein. I get that for my place in lampasas.
                          In Paige I am paying 370 a ton for bulk for pasture protein.

That’s what I use from there. Stocker 16 and calf starter is pretty much the same thing.

Comment

Paid a little over $17 a bag for Antlermax at the coop, been feeding about 3 tons every 6 weeks at my two stands on our lease. It’s been really dry last 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              How big are the pellets compared to standard protein?

What’s gonna suck is if this double down really draws stuff in with all the crap I’ve talked about it

Comment

Working...
                              X